Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Tribunal Chairman summary:

Hey Marlion - thanks for coming tonight but unfortunately you've wasted your time and money. Me and boys all think you're innocent and to be frank Starcevich is a pussy for lying down after the hit. In my day we would have marched him out of the club for not getting straight up. The issue I have is that Shocking and Gilligan have both been on the blower today. They insisted that I rub you out cause you play for the Tigers and gee wizz they hate you guys. Given they pay the bills around here I've got no option but to follow their orders. Cheers and good luck for the rest of the year - you'll need it cause the whole of AFL headquarters is gunning for you blokes.

Between you and I - Shocking and Christian are shitting themselves that Benny will get Gilligans job next year and if that happens they know they'll be out on their ass and their high paying gig will be over. Hence their knives are out so watch you're back son.
Bump

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I can expect Pickett got a week.
But how did Fritsch get off for throwing an elbow into an North Melbourne players head

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
At least he'll be back for the Dreamtime match.

Last edited:

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
There isn’t a reality where Pickett was going to get off. Just like there was no chance that the AFL were going to accept Richmond’s judgment of the Rioli / Bolton incident.

If Pickett was let off they would have appealed and found ‘surprise footage’ where Pickett had a switch blade stashed in his sock.

f$@kers.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
*smile* horsesh!t! When has a player with no injury been graded as severe? It has simply never happened. Many, many, many times worse incidents than Pickett's have been graded "insufficient force" due to there being nothing in the medical report. You *smile* *smile* pick and choose as it suits you.

Get *smile* *smile*. That's another month on my self-ban. At this rate I won't be going again.

• Angry
Reactions: 7 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
*smile* horsesh!t! When has a player with no injury been graded as severe? It has simply never happened. Many, many, many times worse incidents than Pickett's have been graded "insufficient force" due to there being nothing in the medical report. You *smile* *smile* pick and choose as it suits you.

Get *smile* *smile*. That's another month on my self-ban. At this rate I won't be going again.
Feeling the same way. They are absolutely *smile* the game.
Kind of hoping no crowds are allowed. The AFL doesn't deserve them.

Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Patrick Dangerflog’s elbow and Nick Vlastuin’s head says hello.

I compare that incident with Marlion’s and the results are at the opposite ends of the extremes for both. I just shake my head and cannot reason the outcomes in any way despite me honestly trying to challenge my natural bias.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
It’s just a sh*^ situation all round.

Pickett should have shown more discipline, and hopefully after this he will.

The tribunal system is a bad joke; the different rules and gradings seem to be interpreted differently according to individual cases, with more or less emphasis placed on different aspects at different times.

And to top it all off past cases don’t even have to leave precedents going forward.

And then then you have the running media commentary that sometimes even begins within a game, setting the tone for whether an incident is good or bad, or how many weeks it may or may not get.

I personally believe that what Pickett did was not ok, but what kind of fuc&ery is going on with the system when Goldstein punches someone in the head, draws blood and gets off?

Was it graded a low impact, accidental, medium weight, not too late after the mark was taken didn’t 100% mean it punch that didn’t draw too much blood?

No system of law is perfect but this one is really really bad.

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Mark Robinsons rant over Marlion was a bit loose ... Barney Rumble eat your heart out ...

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

It's a high impact sport, so I'd describe Pickett's hit as having excellent impact. It was beautiful, bony, hard, and looked like it hurt, loved it. I don't have any problem with them grading it medium impact. It's okay because it wasn't a strike... but our argument mostly focused on impact. It's like we got a ticket for parking in a taxi zone, and argued "but I didn't exceed the time limit", instead of arguing the fact that we weren't parked in a taxi zone.

For a single collision, we tried to get off by separating "impact" into 2 independent moments of impact - first to the body, second to the neck. We tried to isolate the amount of force remaining that was high and say that amount of force was low. That's the argument they rejected. It would've been interesting to see their response.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The AFL Commission is
Patrick Dangerflog’s elbow and Nick Vlastuin’s head says hello.

I compare that incident with Marlion’s and the results are at the opposite ends of the extremes for both. I just shake my head and cannot reason the outcomes in any way despite me honestly trying to challenge my natural bias.
Yep

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
We’ve won 3 Premierships in 4 years and yet I am feeling so despondent.
The big picture is, they’re killing our game. They’re taking it away from the people and running it as a corporation that are paying lip service to appease their sponsors and investors.
Reap what you sow AFL

Reactions: 8 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
5 seconds earlier Pickett nearly gets his head taken off. If the bloody umpires were doing their jobs properly then Marlion is playing this week.
FFS no wonder he was frustrated. No wonder our club is frustrated.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2021-05-25-at-11.31.07-pm.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2021-05-25-at-11.31.07-pm.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 15
  • Angry
Reactions: 12 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Yeh, *smile* em.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Mark Robinsons rant over Marlion was a bit loose ... Barney Rumble eat your heart out ...
Seriously his life is one big thought bubble.

Last edited by a moderator: