Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Reminding me of when it all clicked for Shane Edwards. The nervy stuff just disappeared virtually overnight.

Reactions: 2 users
Dunno that you'd hear him coming. Perhaps a bit of wind noise as he gets closer but that'd be about it.

Should call him Whispering Death. Light on his feet and thin of frame, deceptively fast and with a body made of ironwood, designed to hurt.
There's "a bit of wind noise" every time Marlion savages someone in a tackle:love:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I used to hate playing against these bony guys. You’d tackle then and come away hurt. They would tackle you and you’d come away hurt. You just knew you were going to be hurt. It hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
He's the best spoiler in the air running back with the flight I've ever seen. No fear, huge leap and keeps his eye on the ball. He shuts out the easy switch on his wing time and time again. Amazing to think he wasn't in the frame for Rd 1.

Reactions: 6 users
Dunno that you'd hear him coming. Perhaps a bit of wind noise as he gets closer but that'd be about it.

Should call him Whispering Death. Light on his feet and thin of frame, deceptively fast and with a body made of ironwood, designed to hurt.

Ironwood :love:

Reactions: 1 user
Settle down with the hyperbole, Rids. The rest of us are trying to keep it real.
Just trying to provide the counterbalance ezy's posting on Marlion :mhihi

Plus I'm hungover after the footy and Midnight Oil yesterday. Got home after midnight with a skin full. That's all I got.

Oh yeah we want him to get to 100 games so we get first dibs on his kids!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just trying to provide the counterbalance ezy's posting on Marlion :mhihi

Plus I'm hungover after the footy and Midnight Oil yesterday. Got home after midnight with a skin full. That's all I got.

Oh yeah we want him to get to 100 games so we get first dibs on his kids!!
Did you go with jb? How was the concert? Does Garrett still have the voice and moves?

Did you go with jb? How was the concert? Does Garrett still have the voice and moves?
Concert was great. Garrett still in fine form. Pretty good for 68 years old.

No Redford advised me to stay away from the likes of JB. He's a reasonable judge of character :))

• Haha
Concert was great. Garrett still in fine form. Pretty good for 68 years old.

No Redford advised me to stay away from the likes of JB. He's a reasonable judge of character :))
Good to hear. Garrett's still fit I suppose.

Don't tell me Drof is an adviser too.....

That's the best two game sequence I've seen him play for the club.

Helps seeing him live again.

Side note: Is there any better feeling than watching the opposition send a loopy floating ball out to a man on Marlion's wing?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
What was the song of the night jimbob?
I thought the versions of the Power&Passion and Hercules were the best.

It was fantastic concert as all Oils shows are but probably enjoyed the Mt Duneed concert a tad more.

I could bore you for ages talking about Midnight Oil and setlists.

I thought the versions of the Power&Passion and Hercules were the best.

It was fantastic concert as all Oils shows are but probably enjoyed the Mt Duneed concert a tad more.

I could bore you for ages talking about Midnight Oil and setlists.
Barely hear Hercules on the radio....then again, even MMM's going down the gurgler.

Do they still sing Put Down that Weapon? (I suppose it would be shelved for now given the Ukraine war)

Music and bands I like never bore me jimbob.

Barely hear Hercules on the radio....then again, even MMM's going down the gurgler.

Do they still sing Put Down that Weapon? (I suppose it would be shelved for now given the Ukraine war)

Music and bands I like never bore me jimbob.
They played PDTW. A lot of mentions of the situation in Ukraine.