Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

I thought the versions of the Power&Passion and Hercules were the best.

It was fantastic concert as all Oils shows are but probably enjoyed the Mt Duneed concert a tad more.

I could bore you for ages talking about Midnight Oil and setlists.
Both good calls but for me Only the Strong was the best. I took my 16 year old son and he loved the whole concert but particularly that song; as did I. It was a great experience to share that with him.

Reactions: 1 user
They played PDTW. A lot of mentions of the situation in Ukraine.
Yep and it was great. Garret wore a support Ukraine t-shirt for part of the gig. It was great to hear him condemn Putin.

Reactions: 1 user
Both good calls but for me Only the Strong was the best. I took my 16 year old son and he loved the whole concert but particularly that song; as did I. It was a great experience to share that with him.
Yep, that is a good call.

We have to remember too that this was effectively only his 3rd preseason in an AFL environment at the age of 30. Makes you wonder how good he would have been if he came through the system as a youngster. A 23 or 24 year old Marlion with 4 preseasons under his belt could have been anything. I think his built up fitness has led to his improvement and consistency this year.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
They call him Marlion, the black superman, he floats like a butterfly, and stings like a......................................******* Mack ******* truck.

• Haha
Apart from the 2019 Grand Final that is the best game I have seem Marlion play for us. Still had a few untidy moments but as others have said his hardness at the contest was a real highlight

Reactions: 3 users
I can put my hand on my heart,

and say his game on Sunday was nothing special,

for Marlion.

stock standard stuff. every single time he goes out there,

he runs his guts out, defends like his life depends on it, and hurts people.

no, he isn't a surgeon by foot. yes, he does butcher about 10% of his kicks, but he invariably sorts it.

but what do you want on your side?

a foot surgeon,

or a relentless brute with enormous oxygen delivery organs, who would lay down his life for his team

see how he protected our great captain?

take my advice,

leave your reservations at the gate,

and just enjoy one of the most entertaining, artful, silently passionate players

whose ever pulled on a yellow and black jumper.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
One of the most simple pleasures of watching a game of footy is watching a genuine hard man go about his game. Nothing dirty or nasty, no need for niggle or sniping.
No sooking or flapping for umpire support, no histrionics. Just pure old fashioned hard bastard footballer going about doing all the hard work over n over again.
Gotta love the Fish, he's a bloody beauty.

Reactions: 11 users
This is the guy Stacky should be paying attention to, very close attention., and I'm not just talkin about footy.

Reactions: 2 users
I can put my hand on my heart,

and say his game on Sunday was nothing special,

for Marlion.

stock standard stuff. every single time he goes out there,

he runs his guts out, defends like his life depends on it, and hurts people.

no, he isn't a surgeon by foot. yes, he does butcher about 10% of his kicks, but he invariably sorts it.

but what do you want on your side?

a foot surgeon,

or a relentless brute with enormous oxygen delivery organs, who would lay down his life for his team

see how he protected our great captain?

take my advice,

leave your reservations at the gate,

and just enjoy one of the most entertaining, artful, silently passionate players

whose ever pulled on a yellow and black jumper.
All true.

But he's actually been more surgical.

That's an elevation.