Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
They call him Marlion
The back superman
He floats like a butterfly
And stings like a bee

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
As an aside two of the top 4-5 players on the field today were Tim Kelly and Marlion Pickett. Mates who played WAFL at South Fremantle together.
Marlion mentions on his book that he had to step up to Kelly’s role when he was drafted to the Cats.

Last edited:

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
As an aside two of the top 4-5 players on the field today were Tim Kelly and Marlion Pickett. Mates who played WAFL at South Fremantle together.
Marlion mentions on his book that he had to step up to Kelly’s role when he was drafted to the Cats.
Kelly also talked Marlion up to other AFL clubs.

Reactions: 4 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Great to see Tim Kelly playing some good footy again. Was ultra impressed by him at the Cats, not just by his playing skills but also how he presented himself in media interviews and in his desire to get back to WA.

A class above the typical Cat recruits of recent years.

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Should be in AA consideration.
should be, but won't be. They'll find some pet Byrne Jones or Andrew Mackie type to talk up. Someone whose manager is a good bloke and probably manages a few of the selectors as well. He would have to be lay-down misere, undisputed top 10, and in the first or second line of Brownlow betting (which he can't be because the Tribunal whacked him because he isn't a nice Geelong player), to even get in the 40.

Reactions: 5 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
should be, but won't be. They'll find some pet Byrne Jones or Andrew Mackie type to talk up. Someone whose manager is a good bloke and probably manages a few of the selectors as well. He would have to be lay-down misere, undisputed top 10, and in the first or second line of Brownlow betting (which he can't be because the Tribunal whacked him because he isn't a nice Geelong player), to even get in the 40.
Dwayno and his commentator mate reckon Stengle is in AA conversation and is one of the best two small forwards in AFL. fmd. I can name 8 better without even trying, but it’s cools to like Stengle redemption. Not same
For Marlion

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
He's as good overhead pound for pound as any player I can remember.

Reactions: 8 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
What a good player e is, some of his aerial & defensive work is sublime. That goal from outside 50 on the boundary line members side was stunning.
Love what he brings to us.

Marlion you're a star.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
He's become my favourite player.

I start smiling as soon as I see him near the play.

Reactions: 2 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
too soon to talk statues ? :ROFLMAO:

but seriously been loving his work all year

something I'm curious about , he seems to attract unwanted attention

like fingers Cameron last week right back to Butler at the start of the season

there seems to be 1 or 2 players in every side that seem to have it in for Marlion
he doesn't appear to trash talk , I don't see cheap shots from him and his "tough" play seems to be 100% honest and within the laws and focused on winning the ball (more so than Trent C's )

does he do stuff off the ball that the cameras dont pick up ?
or
is it just oppo players thinking they can make him crack because of his past ?

Reactions: 1 user