Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Huge running effort tonight. His work rate is phenomenal, you really appreciate it watching live. A few bad things but I thought he was one of our better players tonight.

Reactions: 8 users
The letting in of Langdon for a mark and goal was crucial. I felt he didn’t fully commit to the contest. Too many times now for it to be an occasional lapse.

Not sure what to do with him.
IMO, trade back to WC or Freo. Big input, but low output.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
IMO, trade back to WC or Freo. Big input, but low output.
Negative. Play him as sub for the next 40 games if we have to; we need those father-sons!

He's going okay but not playing as well as he can. Like most of his team mates. He's in our best 22 clearly.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I thought he was good tonight. They actually swapped the wings tonight, as Marlion normally plays the right wing but was manning up Langdon. Sure there were a couple of ordinary efforts, the lack of awareness of body work for Langdons mark was disappointing, but his running is outstanding. Both wings were fairly good defensively, we forced their winger to handball more than kick and thats always a win as wingers should be kicking more than handballing.

I thought overall the wings were evenly fought between us and the Demons even though the stats will show they dominated.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't care if he was sensible at times. He's always been sensible. I thought Marlion had a good game but tired. And was flakey with the ball.

Was a pretty patchy game from Marlion tbh. Some good some bad. Got plenty of credits. He ain't getting dropped anytime soon.
Same I’m a huge fan of Marlion but tonight he looked a bit off.
I still think his pre season interruption wasn’t of help to him.

Reactions: 1 user
IMO looks like Pickett has been told to temper his attack on the player for fear of getting a long suspension
There was kick into Dees forward line that was centred 30m out from goal Pickett could’ve run in gone real hard and smashed the player but instead just slowEd down and stood the mark

Reactions: 3 users
IMO looks like Pickett has been told to temper his attack on the player for fear of getting a long suspension
There was kick into Dees forward line that was centred 30m out from goal Pickett could’ve run in gone real hard and smashed the player but instead just slowEd down and stood the mark
I think all the players have been told to pull their heads in, after some really poor discipline lately. Seemed marlion was concerned about discipline first which curbs his main asset- his aggressive ball / man play. He certainly wasn't his usual self but still played well. I don't think he realised langdon was there for his mark - just an awareness stuff up, not a lack of aggression for that one.

Reactions: 2 users
Negative. Play him as sub for the next 40 games if we have to; we need those father-sons!

He's going okay but not playing as well as he can. Like most of his team mates. He's in our best 22 clearly.
I’d like to see him get to the 100, but that’s for the romance of the story. The father son thing has become a farce. By the time his boys are eligible they’ll probably have changed it so much that using it will become untenable for clubs, which is their way of getting rid of something without actually getting rid of it.

No comments in here today?

Thought the attempt to play him forward last week was a decent idea, but playing Sonsie and Cotch on the wing forced him to move back. Ross on the wing a better option and I thought Marlion looked quite good forward. Kicked a goal, tackled hard, tried to take 2 marks of the year haha.

Surprised he was credited with only 2 tackles, as he seemed to be tackling more than that.

Reckon he'll put the fear of god into some defenders, hopefully Tom Stewart this week, someone should just whisper in his ear "we still remember what you did to Dion, Marlions gonna get you" and watch him *smile* his pants all day.

Reactions: 16 users
He gives his all. Sometimes he stuffs it other times it’s magical when it comes off. Still a key wherever he plays, you know he’s gonna play it hard. His opponent will know he’s thereabouts.

Reactions: 4 users
No comments in here today?

Thought the attempt to play him forward last week was a decent idea, but playing Sonsie and Cotch on the wing forced him to move back. Ross on the wing a better option and I thought Marlion looked quite good forward. Kicked a goal, tackled hard, tried to take 2 marks of the year haha.

Surprised he was credited with only 2 tackles, as he seemed to be tackling more than that.

Reckon he'll put the fear of god into some defenders, hopefully Tom Stewart this week, someone should just whisper in his ear "we still remember what you did to Dion, Marlions gonna get you" and watch him *smile* his pants all day.
Those 2 attempts were amazing. One of them will stick at some stage, and he’ll get moty.

I quite like the idea of Marlion forward, and also like it when he goes in the middle. My main question is whether it is the best place for him, he is one hell of a winger.

DS

Reactions: 1 users