Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

I quite like the idea of Marlion forward, and also like it when he goes in the middle. My main question is whether it is the best place for him, he is one hell of a winger.

DS

I think its a mix of what we are desperate for as a club (a small forward), coupled with prolonging his career (its a bit less running and intense forward) and also potentially a bit of forward planning by the clubs. Our 2 wings are currently 29 and 31, so possibly a look to the next generation of wings for us.

Reactions: 4 users
I liked him up fwd in a dangerous part of the ground. Added a real element of dynamism & unpredictability. Happy with his performance.
If we can get another small forward to hunt with Marlion.
Imagine if MoJu was in form and chasing! The pressure gauge would explode!

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure taking Picket from wing while McIntosh out of form is such a good idea.
Maybe move McIntosh instead?

Marlion is our best winger. But KMac is a proven performer and Ross can get a kick. So right now Marlion up forward fills a greater need. Quick and scary for defenders, while also being dangerous in terms of potential scoring. If Ross can hold down a wing it's a yes from me for now.

Give MoJu a month in the VFL and unleash the dynamic duo in the last third of the season.

Reactions: 5 users
Not sure taking Picket from wing while McIntosh out of form is such a good idea.
Maybe move McIntosh instead?
Kmac doesn't have the same skillset as Pickett and wouldn't play as well in the forward line. Pace being the big difference. Kmac is a distance runner but his acceleration isn't great.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope Marlion plays the same role against the Scats, I'll look forward to him making acquaintances with Tom Stewart.

Reactions: 1 users
just missed taking 2 high flying marks. Adds hardness and marking ability in the forward line
Those two marking attempts were so close to being fantastic grabs too - he’s bloody fearless - and put his body on the line numerous other times in that game. He must scare the crap out of opponents.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interested in others thoughts but not a fan of his role the last couple weeks.

Might have to take up a bit of slack if Hopper misses some games.