Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Comes across to me like he doesn't know what to do (initiative) until he's told. Seems like we under-use him. Coaches fault? Probably.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
At least he has a crack !! Doesn’t jump out of the road like Juddy Clarke did last night . Roll the dice, play him inside F50 for a few weeks as can leap and kicking isn’t an issue
There you go again with the criticism of Clarke. WTF is your beef with the kid?

Reactions: 1 user

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Everytime i watch the 2019 grand final i think he was by far and away the best player on the ground and should of got norm smith .But Dusty was awezome to so its all ok
But why has he not been used in centre bounces ever since is the most perplexing move dimma has made
.Imagine Marlioms hardness at clearamces .

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Bit of a surprise but thought he shirked one late in the game.
I think it was as much about him planning his exit strategy with the ball, just the way he plays. Unfortunately his exit strategy didn't work because he missed the ball. Just the way he plays, because it aint a lack of courage - maybe more smart self preservation.

You know it's hilarious these commentators now I think of it - head, head, head, player welfare etc. Have to look after players - then they highlight this??? What are players going to do all the time if they get highlighted like this??? More chance they will go into situations where they can get hurt. Just a thought

Reactions: 3 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Were they calling for a week’s suspension?
It was a cheeky push, the two had probably been having banter - yes it happens in the footy field -
and Blakey was p1ssing himself laughing -
then again he always looks like that does the Lizard

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Just trying to recall Marilon's pre season injury niggle issue, because he did have one.

Was it a groin can someone remember?

He is not jumping and didn't tonight when he needed to and normally would, his kicking had no real penetration and was coasting more than usual.

I wouldn't rule out a groin niggle or that he's carrying something as his game was very un Pickett like tonight and hasn't been at his usual impact all season same as Prestia who I'm also tipping is not right either and still having issues with that pre season Pec injury.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Made a lot of mistakes. Not attacking the ball like he usually does; especially in the air. Nowhere near his best. Like the majority of his team mates.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Ducked his head in several marking contests. The keeping it in play move was ridiculous.

We desperately need fresh blood on the wings, I’d keep Pickett. But he needs to lift.

Reactions: 3 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Ducked his head in several marking contests. The keeping it in play move was ridiculous.

We desperately need fresh blood on the wings, I’d keep Pickett. But he needs to lift.
Spot on. Few weak efforts, ridiculous boundary heroics and always seems to miss the best option after trying to be Shaun Burgoyne

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004

Yes we need new blood on the wings Pickett holds his own WTF is Macca doing?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Got involved, but a lot of errors and twice he looked weak under the flight of the ball. He’s done that several times this year.

It’s all fine and well cleaning blokes up at ground level, tackling etc. but as was pointed out during the week, when you’ve gotta go, or take the hit, you’ve gotta take the hit and not duck your head and concede.

Reactions: 4 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
The letting in of Langdon for a mark and goal was crucial. I felt he didn’t fully commit to the contest. Too many times now for it to be an occasional lapse.

Not sure what to do with him.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The letting in of Langdon for a mark and goal was crucial. I felt he didn’t fully commit to the contest. Too many times now for it to be an occasional lapse.

Not sure what to do with him.
He also backed off in the first quarter where he made no attempt to spoil Viney. Definitely second guessing himself. Maybe he can’t afford the MRO fines anymore.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Wingers in today's game need to be great runners bit chop out in back 50 but most importantly they need to clean with inside 50 possessions.
He butcher's more then he hits. He watched Melbourne players take easy marks in back 50. He shouldve put Viney into hospital in the 2nd qtr and it was even worse in the 3rd when he actually watched the Melbourne player take a chest mark.
Badly out of form.
We need 2 new Wingers.
But because we can't draft there's no replacements.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
For me nothings changed in his entire AFL career , does all things at all different standards from the sublime to the shizenhouse, been a serial ducker , , I’ll say it again never seen a player like him , bloody unique.

One things for sure , he gets criticism that he bludges , he wouldn’t get the gps miles if he was a bludger , I think at times he may switch off or dosent come ready to play , however I don’t think he ever dosent work hard .