Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

What’s weird is that there is nearly 6 months between the alleged offences and being charged. Highly unusual.
It’s quite common to wait until someone is back in the state they committed the offences in.
Not saying he did commit them, there could be a misunderstanding but it is not uncommon.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, it's hard to understand why.

Was Marlion late returning for pre-season training?

Reactions: 1 users
Police would have just waited for him to come back to Western Australia.
I can’t see it just been Marlion you would think he may have been helping out a friend.

A stitch up? How do you assess that is more likely than other possibilities?
As much as anyone is assessing anything right now.

It's all conjecture. Just seems super unlikely to me that he would risk what he has.

Reactions: 2 users
His manager has said, "Marlion has a strong intent to defend himself against these charges" - does seem to be a strange choice of words - not sure what to make of that!
Tells me he aint beleiving he has anything to answer for.

Tell em they'll have to wait till Marlion gets his 100th game over with.

Marlion Pickett: Richmond Tigers star arrested in Perth on robbery charges​

Ben Downie & Claire SadlerThe West Australian
Sun, 11 June 2023 8:02PM

Richmond Tigers premiership player Marlion Pickett has been charged after allegedly being involved in a spate of burglaries in Perth committed during last year’s off season.
WA Police confirmed Midland detectives had charged a 31-year-old man with four counts of aggravated burglary, three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage during commercial burglaries between December

10 charges if reports are correct. No chance he will get bail in WA.
If Sydney Stacks experience is a benchmark would have to agree. Been several exposes of WA cops treatment of indigenous people over the years. Not sure if McGowan needed to undertake any meaningful reforms to stay at 90% popularity.

Pickett's manager, Anthony Van Der Wielen, said the two-time premiership player intends to defend himself.

"In response to the allegations, Marlion has a strong intent to defend himself against the charges," Mr Van Der Wielen said.

"Due to the ongoing legal nature of the proceedings, Marlion, or myself will not be able to provide any further details, comment or clarification about the matter at this stage.

"We understand and respect the public's interest in this matter, but we also implore all to respect the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise, and to allow the legal proceedings to follow their due course without prejudice."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
If Sydney Stacks experience is a benchmark would have to agree. Been several exposes of WA cops treatment of indigenous people over the years. Not sure if McGowan needed to undertake any meaningful reforms to stay at 90% popularity.
Yep. As you said not just Stack, many other indigenous people seem to be treated different in WA courts.

With Marlion and his record though, I’d say he’d be struggling to get bail, indigenous or not.

Pretty sure that McGowan bloke retired a few weeks back