Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

He would be on what 300k? Why?
I'm hoping that he is just caught up in it and innocent.

Reactions: 1 user
This puts a real dent in my getting his autograph on a jumper plan… been trying for years!!! I hope for his family this is totally not a thing….

Burglary is aggravated if someone is present during the burglary and the offender knew or was reckless as to the fact, or if the offender has a weapon or fake weapon.
From County Court website

Reactions: 2 users
Bloody sad to read this.

A premiership hero and a father who turned his life around.

I am prepared to believe he is innocent until proven otherwise.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm no lawyer (happy to be corrected by one) but I am assuming that he will enter a plea (not guilty by his manager's account) and will be bailed or will have to apply for bail until a hearing at a date selected by the court, (won't be for months I assume). He isn't a flight risk (given his profile and job), so bail should be a strong possibility (obviously his priors count against him).
So if he gets bailed is he free to play - there have been precedents both ways!
If the twittersphere (the blatant racism and lack of the understanding of the law is astounding) and even here is anything to go by, maybe he won't want to even if he can - the boooing and abuse would be next level!
Bail hearing won’t have any pleas etc.
Even if he managed to get bail, I’d doubt the bail conditions would let him leave WA.

Innocent until proven and/or admitting guilt and all that.

But geez, it doesn't look good for him. If so, a complete waste for him and to his family.

Reactions: 1 user
Says a lot that his manager didn’t say he was innocent as well

Nah, says sweet FA I reckon, indeed I think his Manager did say he was innocent in a more formal way.

Van Der is an outstanding fellow who has done a power of unpaid work with a number of players out of South Freo who have made the step up to AFL. He deserves a lot of credit for his efforts, and I really hope for his sake that these charges are not founded.

This is what Van Der actually said in relation to the news:

Pickett “has a strong intent to defend himself against the charges”.

“Due to the ongoing legal nature of the proceedings, Marlion, or myself will not be able to provide any further details, comment or clarification about the matter at this stage.

“We understand and respect the public’s interest in this matter, but we also implore all to respect the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise, and to allow the legal proceedings to follow their due course without prejudice.”

Reactions: 3 users
OK, so let's all be really, really, *smile* disappointed, but stick to facts please. We don't have much to go by, except he was allowed to spend more time in WA and his manager is saying he'll contest the charges. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.
Not sure if the rumour mongers would get Mr T in the cross-hairs for the speculation, so might temporarily move those comments from public view until he's OK with em.

Reactions: 9 users
Wonder if you’d feel the same if someone broke into your house or business ?
What a ridiculous post.

In this country we are innocent until proven guilty and that is a principle we should vigorously defend. You are making a presumption of guilt with no facts at all. You are speculating in a way bordering on stereotypical racism.

He may be guilty and he may not be, the courts will decide that, not *smile* keyboard warriors.

I don’t defend criminals, but I defend the right of someone not to be assumed to be one until our legal system confirms it rather than making assumptions on social media.

Reactions: 8 users
btw -- Midland Police, who have charged Marlion, have had an interesting reputation for a very long time ....

Reactions: 1 users