Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

No wings. Where was he going to run to?
Normally our wings work back as 8th man in defence, often making last gasp defense.
It want that game today with bigger packs than the 7.41 from Lilydale
kept kicking it OOTF too, he plays a fair bit on muscle memory, his muscles were remembering some wings that weren't there

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I thought he was brave again. I'm a fan of brave Marlion. Coughed it up by foot. Didn't adjust to the ground.

We moved him nearer the big white sticks last year but he wouldn't play there. But that wasn't Brave Marlion. Let's do it again. Move Brave Marlion near the big white sticks. They don't move.

Brave Marlion, hit the ball. Hit it again. Make some money.
Jack, he aint brave, he dodges me than he hits.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
kept kicking it OOTF too, he plays a fair bit on muscle memory, his muscles were remembering some wings that weren't there
Quite a few players did this.

Unfortunately the oval had dead set straight wings which a few players misjudged

17 games to go. 18 games this year (unless we make finals). its gonna be tight.

do we know what the latest is with the criminal charges?
Play him as the sub every week to avoid risk

Not Risk of Injury but risk of suspension

Reactions: 1 user
Marlion just over does it every time and runs himself into trouble, or turns it over, sorry, not sure if its just to get him to 100 games because he has 4 sons, but for me, I would be happy to see him replaced with a kid.

Reactions: 2 users
Play him as the sub every week to avoid risk

Not Risk of Injury but risk of suspension

Seems like i ruffled a few feathers with this one, but I cannot see how keeping this bloke in, just so because he has four sons. WTF!!!!
His 4 sons will be lucky to keep on the straight and narrow if dad ends up in clink again. Stuff worrying about father son, pick a team for now

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Jack, he aint brave, he dodges me than he hits.
Seems like i ruffled a few feathers with this one, but I cannot see how keeping this bloke in, just so because he has four sons. WTF!!!!
He had to change the way he played, if you recall.
He got a few suspensions for arriving late with some bumps etc.

I reckon he would be 3 or 4 games closer to the 100 if not for the lay offs. (stand corrected by the stats boffins)

On the 100 vs poor form/selection.

We are not contending this year. That's a Captain Obvious comment.
We already have quite a few kids in with more to come given our revolving door every Thursday night with new injuries.
It's not like he's keeping kids out.
So let's get something out of the year (and future years) but preserving his bloodline.
His kids might be jets.

Look at Winx's foal.
Went for 10 Mill just yesterday.
We have a similar access. (minus the price tag!)

Let's not blow it for the sake of 15 games.
That's my take.

Reactions: 6 users
He had to change the way he played, if you recall.
He got a few suspensions for arriving late with some bumps etc.

I reckon he would be 3 or 4 games closer to the 100 if not for the lay offs. (stand corrected by the stats boffins)

On the 100 vs poor form/selection.

We are not contending this year. That's a Captain Obvious comment.
We already have quite a few kids in with more to come given our revolving door every Thursday night with new injuries.
It's not like he's keeping kids out.
So let's get something out of the year (and future years) but preserving his bloodline.
His kids might be jets.

Look at Winx's foal.
Went for 10 Mill just yesterday.
We have a similar access. (minus the price tag!)

Let's not blow it for the sake of 15 games.
That's my take.
Lovin your sentiment glove, yes his kids, might be jets, but I dont think we can continue to select him on that basis alone.
His output the last 3 years, in my estimation just doesn't stack up. And I know the other winger is also vilified on here.
My point is, he could and should be a champ, for someone his size and build, I dont see it.

pls just give him a spell in the twos. there was one particular play against St Kilda, where he just stopped and the ball was still in his area. it looked terrible

Lovin your sentiment glove, yes his kids, might be jets, but I dont think we can continue to select him on that basis alone.
His output the last 3 years, in my estimation just doesn't stack up. And I know the other winger is also vilified on here.
My point is, he could and should be a champ, for someone his size and build, I dont see it.
I hear you.

Let's factor in the "alleged" off field situation.
Must weigh on his mind. Heavily.
Then factor in all the delays and postponements.

May somewhat explain his form slump.
Many others would be a mess and unable to play at all.
Would be a terrible strain on him and his family.

Yes I agree with your comments he should be better.

I hope in time he can clear his mind which would allow him to play better footy.

Wishing you well, Marlion.

Reactions: 2 users