Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Becoming a liability. For all his hardness, He is making too many unforced errors and they badly hurt us
Plus effort at the contest varies from contest to contest. Still surprised we didn’t try him in the middle.

I’m assuming he still wants to play AFL. Sometimes I wonder given his lack of intensity.

I understand the father/son situation - it’s only that and the injury list that’s keeping him in. Very disappointing

Turned the game with his 3 turnovers in the 2nd qtr.
Everything he did was a horror show
But the cardboard is bare

Reactions: 1 users
Fancy gifting games to a bloke in the hope his 4 kids turn out to be stars.
I disagree he's being gifted games. Not in his best form? Fair enough. But he has played some good footy, and some bad this year, and here's the thing, the cupboard is bare.

But I genuinely find the apparent shock you express that "fancy" you would gift games to get rights to his offspring genuinely surprising. I have the polar opposite view, to me its just paying the percentages. History shows that family football genetics is real. Very real. And the fact he has 4 kids just underlines it, that winds the odds in a lot. Its hard to find good players, you have to get creative and play the percentages.

If there was a lot of players banging the door down for his spot AND he had 1 or 2 less kids, AND his name wasn't Pickett, you'd have a strong point

Reactions: 10 users
Cost us alot of goals again this week. Gives a lot more in effort than Kmac but 53% disposal efficiency for what should be a skilful wingman just doesn't cut it.

Reactions: 1 user
I disagree he's being gifted games. Not in his best form? Fair enough. But he has played some good footy, and some bad this year, and here's the thing, the cupboard is bare.

But I genuinely find the apparent shock you express that "fancy" you would gift games to get rights to his offspring genuinely surprising. I have the polar opposite view, to me its just paying the percentages. History shows that family football genetics is real. Very real. And the fact he has 4 kids just underlines it, that winds the odds in a lot. Its hard to find good players, you have to get creative and play the percentages.

If there was a lot of players banging the door down for his spot AND he had 1 or 2 less kids, AND his name wasn't Pickett, you'd have a strong point
Tiger, I call bs to this line of thinking. Your quite prepared to watch him go in ad nauseum to contests, soft as, his disposal is *smile*, he is not contributing at all. I counted at least two goals that were given to the opposition on a platter.

Tiger, I call bs to this line of thinking. Your quite prepared to watch him go in ad nauseum to contests, soft as, his disposal is *smile*, he is not contributing at all. I counted at least two goals that were given to the opposition on a platter.
BS on my line of thinking? Its an interesting situation I'll give you that. He's on 99 games, round 22, had a shocker in r21, HS runs a story on his eldest son starring in the u14s. Do you play him?

Its a rhetorical question BTW :cool:

Reactions: 1 users
16 to go. must get him there.

Its inconsequential now whether he is in good form or not the possible benefits in the future are worth another 16 games.

Reactions: 4 users
BS on my line of thinking? Its an interesting situation I'll give you that. He's on 99 games, round 22, had a shocker in r21, HS runs a story on his eldest son starring in the u14s. Do you play him?

Its a rhetorical question BTW :cool:
Understand all that, but does he actually deserve a place in the team, based on current form?

Yes, Marlions not playing well but it's not like we're contending for finals this year so if he's going to play poorly then this is the year to do it.

Don't fall for the sugar hit of dropping him now when it might cost us the chance of a big pay day down the track, especially when we're so close and he might not be on the list next year.

Play the long game. People complain that we never get any decent FS coming in compared to other clubs. Now Picketts kids might not end up being any good, but that will be due to a lack of talent. However they might be absolute stars, and the games we're currently giving an out of form Marlion will be a distant memory.

Reactions: 2 users
Understand all that, but does he actually deserve a place in the team, based on current form?
As I said, if there was pressure on his spot, which could be happening if we had less injuries, Probably not. But we do have injuries.

Reactions: 1 user
Fancy playing guys so they can get to their 300 - wow who would do that.
Get him to 100 and hope he has more good than bad games. It’s hardly going to cost us a premiership and may well get us a better draft pick.

Reactions: 2 users