Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

On form Pickett is at the front of the queue.

I'd play him over Ross.

Ross' game time is normally around 60% isn't it? Not sure I'd want that. Guess it depends on roles.

Wouldn't be suprised if KMac plays either.

Reactions: 1 users
You go for the toughest hombre - the guy when it gets tough, when fear strikes the heart of the young inexperienced guy..... You go for the street fighter, the guy who has had the toughest life - who has fought the good fight. Like the tough back pocket plumber - like the Tiger of old. When it gets down and dirty will stand up.
Pickett is your man.
I would back that guy any day of the week.

Reactions: 2 users
good problem to have, would have been further complicated is Stack wasnt running around one 1 leg. Picket seems to create more, Ross seems to be more in and under, tackle, possibly run with (more like Jack). As others have said, Dimma on 360 last night said Pickett is a distant 3/4th option at this stage and unlike other coaches he does not muck around with selection mind games.

How did stack go in his first AFL game - as a guide to how they step up but remembering the pressure on this game will be through the roof in comparison.

Risk reward sort of stuff.

good problem to have, would have been further complicated is Stack wasnt running around one 1 leg. Picket seems to create more, Ross seems to be more in and under, tackle, possibly run with (more like Jack). As others have said, Dimma on 360 last night said Pickett is a distant 3/4th option at this stage and unlike other coaches he does not muck around with selection mind games.

Yes, saw that report of what Dimma said. I regret to say I think he/MC are going to get it wrong. I agree with those who are arguing for Marlion. I've watched every one of his games, including his first live. He is a hardened professional who knows exactly how to go about it - whether inside the packs or outside. He is cool under pressure and knows exactly what to do as a quality footballer in any situation. Picks the right option: long, penetrating kick or a sharp, precise short pass; handball, tackle, dodge or weave or contest; apply pressure, chase hard or fly for a mark.
He can do it all, and all at high quality: kick, mark, run, score, chase and tackle, has speed and is really tough and brave. Just look at what he has done at VFL level, in finals, that mark he took. You wouldn't want this in the side? Is JRoss as good an all-round player yet?

I love Jack Ross who I have no doubt he has a big future, but is he hardened and experienced enough to do what Pickett can do? No, not compared to this highly professional player. I am confident Marlion is able to play as both a defensive and offensive mid according to role per instruction. But he's a weapon who will hurt you if ignored. Marlion will be dangerous kicking to Tom, Jack and co.
I'd even consider bringing him to run with De Boer or a Hopper/Taranto.

Unfortunately Ross' last game did not leave me with as much confidence but MP shows ample capacity to step up to the occasion and not be over-awed.

Reactions: 3 users
Just heard on Sen that apparently Tom Browne (who I think is one of those look at me reporters) is saying on fox footy that Marlion is in...

Reactions: 1 user
Well this will certainly flip the media attention our way. Very unRichmond like selection if true

I'll eat heaps of humble pie if he's in. What a story if true though... amazing

Rumour is so strong.

Bold.

BOG in a GF
Experienced
Tough
Inside/outside mid

That’s why they got him for this day.

WOW if true

Reactions: 1 users