Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Marlion can play.

I would play him. Some players excel at the higher level...Marlion is that player.

Think he is of what I saw Tigertime!

Laid I think 8-9 tackles.

Has speed.

Can kick a goal.

Tick, Tick, Tick.
Maybe we are looking at the wrong player.
Could Ross be overawed?

Reactions: 3 users
after watching marlion live i’d go for form and a hard body over youth every time.

Will be a heartbreaker for the kid tho.

Reactions: 1 users
Has to play. Is simply a better player than Ross

No he's not. I like Picket's future prospects but he hasn't proven himself at AFL yet, hasn't even played a game. Ross has and acquitted himself very welll at AFL level (28 and 25 disposals in 2 games this year). Pickett won't be playing. Two in the running to replace any withdrawals are Ross and KMac. Pretty obvious Ross will be for Graham and KMac will be for Broad. I am sure KMacs role if he plays will be to nullify a backman very similar to how Broad has played his last 2 finals (2 and 3 disposals).

Reactions: 4 users
Much as I'd love to watch a grand final debut story unfold into success for the club, I just haven't seen enough of him to make the call. Luckily, I don't have to! I'll trust our selection committee who have done a bloody good job so far by getting us into a grand final. I back their decision making.

Reactions: 1 users
Much as I'd love to watch a grand final debut story unfold into success for the club, I just haven't seen enough of him to make the call. Luckily, I don't have to! I'll trust our selection committee who have done a bloody good job so far by getting us into a grand final. I back their decision making.

Exactly josh.

Love to play but I have to trust Dimma & the MC.

Not me!

BUT

Its not about his 'Story', its about getting a hardened body and elite extractor into a game that is going to be a ding dong dogfight!

LOL would love to see Green try ruffling Pickett's feathers.

With 9 tackles and BOG on the weekend he has more than done what he was asked to do and is the perfect replacement should Graham not get up.

Reactions: 2 users
His form is on a huge upswing...the more he plays the better he gets.

Reactions: 1 user
With 9 tackles and BOG on the weekend he has more than done what he was asked to do and is the perfect replacement should Graham not get up.

Agree, but why are we talking about him replacing Graham/Ross.
Use Pickett instead of Rioli.
Ross replaces Graham.
McIntosh on stand-by for Broad.

Ross replaces Graham.

I guess because Graham is injured and we don't want to risk being a man down early.

I still see Ross as a young and inexperienced player with a lot of years ahead of him.

Pickett has played big boy footy for longer and has played in finals before back home. He won't be as overawed.

We need Rioli running game although I do admit he is wearing thin ATM. He always seems to just NOT make it to the tackle. Near enough is slowly becoming, not good enough.

I agree Rioli has been a disappointment this year. Just hasn't taken the next step up. He is down substantially on many important stats compared to last year. I am sure the two tall forward line hasn't helped but there were a lot of times on the weekend where Lynch brought it to the ground and there just weren't any crumbers around. Won't be dropped now but will really need to lift next year or he'll find pressure on his spot.

Last edited:
We need Rioli running game although I do admit he is wearing thin ATM. He always seems to just NOT make it to the tackle. Near enough is slowly becoming, not good enough.

I agree Rioli has been a disappointment this year. Just hasn't taken the next step up. He is down substantially on many important stats compared to last year. I am sure the two tall forward line hasn't helped but there were a lot of times on the weekend where Lynch brought it to the ground and there just weren't any crumbers around. Won't be dropped now but will really need to lift next year or he'll find pressure on his spot.
[/QUOTE]

Needs to head over to KB's place and have a VERY long chat about how to crumb up forward!

There is a slight chance for Graham still though, he's not completely dead in the water yet!

The club priority will be to have Jack and Nathan both playing.

Dreadful result for K Mac and Ross if the seniors win the flag and they don't play, that means they've missed being able to play in both.

Pickett might be the only one that actually could play in both.

Ross was pretty poor against the West Coasters and coughed up a few goals with bad errors, Picket more composed.

Going to be an interesting week.

Needs to head over to KB's place and have a VERY long chat about how to crumb up forward!
[/QUOTE]

Riolis drop off correlates to moving out from under from the auspices of Mrs Hardwick and into the budoir of that Vicky Vallencourt.

Reactions: 1 user
Ross replaces Graham.

McIntosh cannot play tall even though he is a similar height to Broad, nor is he as agile or quick..

Broad will spend time on Himmelberg up the ground, or he will take Green up the ground as he did in 2017 or run with Whitfield.

K Mac cant really play on any of those 3 guys (well maybe Findlayson or Tomlinson but both would likely beat Grover in the air).

That's Broads strength and what he brings to the team, that's why he is important, we have no like for like replacement to bring in.

McIntosh cannot play tall even though he is a similar height to Broad, nor is he as agile or quick..

Broad will spend time on Himmelberg up the ground, or he will take Green up the ground as he did in 2017 or run with Whitfield.

K Mac cant really play on any of those 3 guys (well maybe Findlayson or Tomlinson but both would likely beat Grover in the air).

That's Broads strength and what he brings to the team, that's why he is important, we have no like for like replacement to bring in.

I think Kmac can lock down on Green or Whitfield and his quick to not slow.

What happened to Macca. His best footy was handy. Never came on though. Dropped off in fact.

If Graham misses it's mainly his tackling and pressure we miss (notwithstanding his GF heroics in 2017).......This being the case I am not so sure Pickett would be overawed by the occasion if his primary objective is to do what Graham would have done...i.e., chase, hunt and apply pressure. He already has high tackle counts at VFL level.....and we know his potential upside if he does start to get into the game and lift to the heights is enormous.