Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Im a big fan of marlion.

But i thought eggs was our best today.

However, its about The Process

And Kmac doesnt just know it, he lives it.

Kmac in for graham

If we were GWS, id play Marlion for sure

But we are richmond and they are gws
You weren't at the ground. Marlion was the best. Unquestionably.

Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
You weren't at the ground. Marlion was the best. Unquestionably.

I was at the ground.
Let’s agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Yours has foundation because Marlion has got a Prince Planet sized medallion around his neck but it is far from unquestionably.
Many have Eggy and Morro from what I can see, including myself

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Fair enough.

Ill still give you 5-1 marlion debuts this year

And 1-10 kmac plays
KMac only plays if Broad has a seizure. Otherwise, it's Ross or Pickett.

I was at the ground.
Let’s agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Yours has foundation because Marlion has got a Prince Planet sized medallion around his neck but it is far from unquestionably.
Many have Eggy and Morro from what I can see, including myself
It was unanimous from the Norm Goss judges, and everyone I spoke to, and beyond doubt in my mind. But you're entitle to your opinion, those other boys were great too.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It sounds like Eggs has a pretty strong case for the PRE medal?

The bookies are pretty wary of Marlion.

They have him skinnier for the norm smith than our first ruck and our premier small forward.

I'd be excited and astonished in equal measures if the Tigers debuted Marlion in a GF.

Yeah, ok, it'd be 80/20

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Here's the thing. Eggs played great. At half-back. No opponent. Marlion was tagged, and ripped holes in the game.

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I’m predicting a debut. You can’t ignore a grand final bog and Ross had a poor game last senior appearance. I wouldn’t want to be a selector and am in 2 minds.

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Pickett may not have played AFL but that’s more to do with circumstance than anything else. He’s tough and seasoned and no question a finals player. So tempting to bring in but also an unquestionable risk. I would hate to be on the MC for this one.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Here's the thing. Eggs played great. At half-back. No opponent. Marlion was tagged, and ripped holes in the game.

Im ecstatic to conceed.

And ill defer to live over tv everytime.

But exciting stuff from eggs. I reckon him, stackman and bakes are kind of backline triplets in their composure and decision making under real heat.

But Stackman is exceptional. Id forgotten how *smile* good he is. He was on one leg and everytime he was near the ball, he was either 1. Brilliant or 2. Mm's or a quarter second off something brilliant.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Im ecstatic to conceed.

And ill defer to live over tv everytime.

But exciting stuff from eggs. I reckon him, stackman and bakes are kind of backline triplets in their composure and decision making under real heat.

But Stackman is exceptional. Id forgotten how ******* good he is. He was on one leg and everytime he was near the ball, he was either 1. Brilliant or 2. Mm's or a quarter second off something brilliant.
Eggs has a future, no doubt. Stack of course has a massive future, but he's done for the year.

# if it’s wet I’d consider both Ross and Marlion and losing a ruckman
We were discussing that no matter the weather. But Dimma hearts Nank.

Thought Eggs scrambled really well today. Morro unfashionably awesome
Agreed. Morro arrested the momentum when they had all of it. And Eggs has developed great composure and takes good options with lovely execution.

Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Marlion will be great for us next year. I thnk we might be better to go with KMac who better knows running patterns etc

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
He was fantastic today and a deserved medalist. But it would be madness to play him next week, and off a six day break when Ross was clearly rested for the purpose.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Ross has played 2 AFL games since breaking his ankle 3-4 months ago, was dropped, and hasn’t stood out in the VFL since.

It would be hard to understand the justification that he’s more likely to adapt to the pace of AFL than Marlion if that is indeed the reason he was pulled out of the VFL Grand Final.

But then again, we don’t really know what role Dimma is asking of them, so it’s hard to judge.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Agree with JB.

Pickett BOG. Swung it our way with toughness and class when it mattered.

However, Ross was clearly rested for Graham. Likewise kMac for Broad.

If either of those two miss it will be for those straight swaps ILO.

MP can be a massive addition for us next year though.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Marlion can play.

I would play him. Some players excel at the higher level...Marlion is that player.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Christ, Nank and Soldo will own the hit outs to advantage next Saturday.

Richmond have a golden opportunity here.

Play a bloke who roves superbly, or the bloke who wins the ball back of the oppo?

Be bold, Tigers.