Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
What a gentleman. Left Hurley on his own to give him an opportunity for that final goal. Terrific man Mr Broad.
Ran forward to the contest but none of the other defenders picked Hurley up as they should, thats how the defence rolls to cover to get the extra number to a contest at the outside.

Tigers turned it over at the contest with the free and Hurley was un marked with the advantage kick.

That was poor team defence there poor concentration or lazyness due to the scoreline and I reckon Dimma would not have liked that one bit.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Ran forward to the contest but none of the other defenders picked Hurley up as they should, thats how the defence rolls to cover to get the extra number to a contest at the outside.

Tigers turned it over at the contest with the free and Hurley was un marked with the advantage kick.

That was poor team defence there poor concentration or lazyness due to the scoreline and I reckon Dimma would not have liked that one bit.
Na, it was deliberate. Broad was in no man land. I’ll guarantee it was deliberate to get Hurley on his own. He didn’t call anyone in to mark hurley.

Reactions: 1 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Na, it was deliberate. Broad was in no man land. I’ll guarantee it was deliberate to get Hurley on his own. He didn’t call anyone in to mark hurley.
Agree completely it was so obvious. Shows there is respect towards all players who are finishing their career. They know when a player deserves a reward for the courage to overcome adversity, being very fair and very good at his craft. Well done Broady and Hurley.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigers2020

Tiger Rookie
Nov 6, 2020

Broady was giggling afterwards. I am sure it was intentional

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Agree completely it was so obvious. Shows there is respect towards all players who are finishing their career. They know when a player deserves a reward for the courage to overcome adversity, being very fair and very good at his craft. Well done Broady and Hurley.
I really like the way our club respects the opposition. It is now part of the RFC DNA and is reinforced by the Coach.

Compare that with the way the Port Adelaide players spoke about the crows during the week.

Reactions: 7 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I really like the way our club respects the opposition. It is now part of the RFC DNA and is reinforced by the Coach.

Compare that with the way the Port Adelaide players spoke about the crows during the week.
and plagiarised by other teams.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Broad seems to be tasked with doing his own job and Grimes job at the same time. Maybe better to let him do what he does best, his own position
I think he's a bit fumbly at the moment and this is a bit of a concern going into a final where he will probably get Charlie Cameron. Needs to find his best form quickly,

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
I think he's a bit fumbly at the moment and this is a bit of a concern going into a final where he will probably get Charlie Cameron. Needs to find his best form quickly,
After Daniel shredded Charlie the other week I’d be surprised if he didn’t get the job again.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
After Daniel shredded Charlie the other week I’d be surprised if he didn’t get the job again.

Agree. As an added bonus Grimes need to move around and sit on the boundary where Cameron is playing.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Broady was on ABC radio yesterday, he said running off and leaving Hurley alone wasn't a deliberate plan.

He did say that they all stood back from manning the mark for the snap, and they all told him to run out and snap it, but he didn't think Hurley believed them :mhihi

Onya Broady.

Go to the 34 minute mark.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Broady has always been honest and caring for his opponents when it is needed. I seem to remember in a match against GWS in 2019? when Tarranto went down injured after some Broad attention and Broady knew he was hurt so stayed over him and called the GWS bench to get over fast. Just one instance of the man's absolute class

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Broady has always been honest and caring for his opponents when it is needed. I seem to remember in a match against GWS in 2019? when Tarranto went down injured after some Broad attention and Broady knew he was hurt so stayed over him and called the GWS bench to get over fast. Just one instance of the man's absolute class
It was Coniglio. They're mates. But your point stands.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Jack did similar on Saturday when 2 Bombers ran into each other trying to save a goal.
I reckon we are lucky to have leaders who are genuinely decent people, and hopefully we keep that attitude when the like of Jack, Cotch, Edwards, Grimes and Lambert etc have gone.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Good bloke but we now need him to find some form that had I suggesting prior was in B&F top 5 form. I too see the little fumbles, the incorrect decision (not the Hurley call). He seems to hug the boundary and gets on his left foot quite a bit (ok left foot kick). With Grimes out and the inexperience of Gibcus Im looking forward Broad playing a solid game to quell their talls and position well to rebound.

High bar but we have come to expect that from many of our seasoned campaigners