Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Looks to me like he has a confused ball drop. Sort of like holding a cricket bat like a left handed but facing as a right hander. He bounced the ball left handed, but prefers to kick on his right?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
tigerlove said:
And a bit taller and can go forward and snag a few goals and maybe pinch hit in the ruck....hopefully
Think you're selling him short. Can do all this and coach as well. Has a broad skill set.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Giardiasis said:
Looks to me like he has a confused ball drop. Sort of like holding a cricket bat like a left handed but facing as a right hander. He bounced the ball left handed, but prefers to kick on his right?

Agree Gia. Fear that action will malfunction under AFL level pressure.

Will give the kid his chance and good on him, but not expecting much.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Not sure he can replace Chaplin or Astbury, seems significantly shorter? Only 191cm, not 196cm. 2 inches is a lot, unless he's got arms like Manute Bol

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Giardiasis said:
Yeah, an different movement with his left arm where rather than be outstretched for balance its comes more "up" but it certainly didn't seem to effect his kicking which looked very efficient.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Giardiasis said:

thought the same thing actually. Kicks accurately, but needs time and space to do it.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Leysy Days said:
Agree Gia. Fear that action will malfunction under AFL level pressure.

Will give the kid his chance and good on him, but not expecting much.

They will work on his ball drop and can do so IMO without giving up the accuracy (which for mine: is all in the leg swing movement). I see him as part grimes, part grigg.

This is what I'm talking about when I say that recruiters make their money with picks later than 20.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Read that he played on the opposition's best small each week. So he may allow Grimes to play the third tall role instead.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
should be able to replace batchelor as he has some closing speed

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
MB78 said:
Read that he played on the opposition's best small each week. So he may allow Grimes to play the third tall role instead.

Release Grimes to the midfield?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
K3 said:
Release Grimes to the midfield?
You wouldn't want to take Grimes out of our defence - a key plank. Have heaps of mids and just picked up Moore and Townsend for that.
Grimes is a backman; one of our best!

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Columbo said:
hmmm composure and decision making skills lacking at age 22, tick, tick, tick for RFC half back flanker

Sounds like Steve Morris

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
leon said:
You wouldn't want to take Grimes out of our defence - a key plank. Have heaps of mids and just picked up Moore and Townsend for that.
Grimes is a backman; one of our best!
Yep, behind Rance just about our most important defender because he provides the flexibility to play on smalls and talls. There have been 4 planks in 2015.

Rance - its all been said
Grimes- flexibility
Vlastuin- reliability
Houli- run

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sintiger said:
Yep, behind Rance just about our most important defender because he provides the flexibility to play on smalls and talls. There have been 4 planks in 2015.

Rance - its all been said
Grimes- flexibility
Vlastuin- reliability
Houli- run

Chaplin - Lollipop Lady

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I read an article that said he his good mates with Boekhorst who got drafted by Carlton last season as a mature age player. He decided to have a real crack at it, got super fit and worked on his deficiencies.
A year later he gets picked up by the Tiges, good on him i hope he has a good career for us.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Really struggling to work out where he plays for us, personally think that Batchelor makes way for Yarran (even if he is a bit stiff), so Broad will be third in line. Maybe he's the big bodied midfielder we're after? Just looking at his weight dimensions he's very light so no way he can take on Chappy's role, will be interesting to see if he can find his niche.