Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

tigerman said:
I love Broady, but last night showed he's a third or fourth tall.

He's beat Franklin when on him and Westhoff so far this year, and up until last night has been playing very well.

Last Night our defenders got killed by our midfield not putting up many resistance, their confidence as individuals and as a unit evaporated under the avalanche of slick ball coming in.

Last night was the perfect disaster for the side just like the 2017 Saints debacle.

tigerman said:
I love Broady, but last night showed he's a third or fourth tall.

I think both Broad & Grimes showed they are not key defenders. I thought they could pinch hit against the bullies, but that extra size of Naughton was too much.

Well, maybe, but for starters it's always a good idea for a defender to get body on the oppo's main KPF and not give him a free run and jump at the ball! He took several of his big mraks that resulted in goals uncontested.

Sure, Naughton looks like he could be another Royce Hart at this stage, but our tall defenders often didn't want to go near him. Really poor from Grimes, Broad and even Nank. At least Balta had a go at him but got caught out of position .... because the Dogs just thrashed our mids, did what they liked, and kick so much better - as a team.

MD Jazz said:
I think both Broad & Grimes showed they are not key defenders. I thought they could pinch hit against the bullies, but that extra size of Naughton was too much.

I thought we could get away with Grimes and Broad too. Astbury can be a bit iffy with ball in hand, but he's very good at blocking and is probably better at organizing than i give him credit for.

I was in a filthy mood as we lost sat night.

Got a arse kicking on the gee gees,

And then just knew how the footy would unfold.

Commensurate with my mood, i thought broady was dreadful.

But ive cheered up now

Playing without rance dave and love machine

And the midfield on holiday

Would be a very tough gig.

Tenacious Tiges said:
As we sit beside our keyboards

Not sure what I am doing has to do with it. But I do play every 2nd week and if I muff a disposal there's really no-one else to blame but myself.

So pleased with Broady's game today. Having to ruck with Balta was no easy task and he did all he could plus to non stop running and harassing all around the ground. He has more than one string to his bow has our Nathan

This guy has earned a seat at the front of the plane. Massive effort around the grounds and looked completely knackered.

Now that he covers every inch of the ground playing forward/ruck/back, I think it's time we rename him the paparazzi