Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Tigers of Old said:
Who's going to play as the no2 key back is the bigger question for me atm.

ideally Astbury in the future
Broad looks better running the ball out. hope he plays more NAB & see how he goes on mid/smls

Given the amount of football our recruiting dept watch how the *smile* do this guys footskills get a tick.

Horrible technique that will fail time and again when off balance or under pressure.

Leysy Days said:
Given the amount of football our recruiting dept watch how the *smile* do this guys footskills get a tick.

Horrible technique that will fail time and again when off balance or under pressure.

But He runs off the back line

Leysy Days said:

Agree. i've noticed it also. Just horrible.

Leysy Days said:

Kicked on his non-preferred a lot

17 touches and 4 marks in quarters aren't bad numbers either

I reckon he's got potential to contribute solidly. Around Batchelor's level

mad_doggy911 said:
Prefer the single man Batchelor.

Batchelor is our HBF. But this kid needs time.
But I do agree with others we still recruit blokes that kick like donkeys

Stylo said:
Kicked on his non-preferred a lot

17 touches and 4 marks in quarters aren't bad numbers either

I reckon he's got potential to contribute solidly. Around Batchelor's level
I guess he'll take a bit of time to get used to the level, but I'd want him to be an upgrade on Batchelor, not a like for like replacement.

Absolutely terrible pick up. How on earth could they justify getting this guy?? In today's game that is all about constant pressure this blokes disposal will be gifting goals to the opposition every single time. Counted 2 goals last night that came directly from his terrible disposal.

This is another Dimma selection. As much as i don't rate Batchelor, he is miles ahead of this bloke.

Does look like a deer in the headlights when he has the ball.

Needs to be developed, not ready yet for AFL.

Looked at Broad's video highlights http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-11-24/2015-national-draft-pick-67-nathan-broad and he's got interesting skills...kicks both feet but prefers right foot yet when he runs with the ball he bounces it with his left hand. Perhaps he could be encouraged to use his left foot more often allowing his dominant left hand to guide the ball onto the left boot. In spite of his style he hit his targets (they don't show his misses of course) and his description says his decision making and kicking have improved in the past 18 months. The club knows his kicking needs further improvement and it's a big jump from WAFL to AFL (or even VFL) so give him time in the VFL to make adjustments to the pace of the game. He was only a 4th rounder, pick 67.

Tigerflag2008 said:
Does look like a deer in the headlights when he has the ball.

Needs to be developed, not ready yet for AFL.

Yep, looks good when there's no pressure.
Different story when the screws are tightening

It'd be nice to pin a name to this guy. Is he Blair's or Frank's choice? Why is he in the team? Is the match committee on something too?

I'd say the match committee formed the view that Broad and Batchelor are fighting for the same round 1 spot. Both played NAB 1, Batch played NAB 2 and Broad played NAB 3. Clearly Batchelor has been the best performed of the 2 across the 3 games and I expect he will play round 1 and Broad won't. This is what the NAB series is about to assist in determining what the best team is.

Broad will be okay with more experience. Some of his actions last night reminded me of a young Alex Rance and many had their doubts about him early on. He's not ready atm but shows promise.