Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Tigers of Old said:
Defensively he's fine Brissie but I do think his disposal especially on his non preferred looks wobbly. That could be badly exposed at AFL level. Have to see..
Wasn't that also an issue with Rance early on in his career?

BrisTiger24 said:
His highlights from the intra club are up on the RFC site. Not overly impressive. Don't think he hit a target.

Sounds like another Steve Morris.

CarnTheTiges said:
Wasn't that also an issue with Rance early on in his career?

That's true. He needs to be given some time to adjust. I was just stating a fact which, when considered, makes me doubt that we will see him in round 1.

BrisTiger24 said:
That's true. He needs to be given some time to adjust. I was just stating a fact which, when considered, makes me doubt that we will see him in round 1.
I agree there. Unless he does something extraordinary in the NAB games or there's an injury I doubt he'll line up against the Blues in round 1.

Big wrap for Broad on the RFC site. He was very good defensively on Jack in the scratch match (no small feat).
Be interesting to see how his disposal holds up as the heat goes up but I like what I see. One to watch tomorrow night for sure.

Tigers of Old said:
Big wrap for Broad on the RFC site. He was very good defensively on Jack in the scratch match (no small feat).
Be interesting to see how his disposal holds up as the heat goes up but I like what I see. One to watch tomorrow night for sure.

Yep, definitely looks like it. Jack would recommend him. Might be one of those 'try out for R1' types.

I think he is a very strong chance to play round 1. I liked what he showed tonight.

Looked okay but will need to do more over the next couple of nab games to be selected in the round 1 team.

spook said:
Not convinced. No aerial presence, outmarked several times.
Exactly what I was thinking... Looked ok ish running out of defence etc but would be very nervous if he was isolated with any AFL standard forward 1 on 1 in the forward 50.

Got caught out a bit but his endeavour was impressive.May take time but definitely worth persevering with.

Actually would pick him ahead of Batchelor for a 3rd defender role. Not good enough in the air to be a 1st or 2nd defender but showed he can run off an opponent and be offensive from the backline.

BrisTiger24 said:
Actually would pick him ahead of Batchelor for a 3rd defender role. Not good enough in the air to be a 1st or 2nd defender but showed he can run off an opponent and be offensive from the backline.

That's exactly what I'm thinking right now. It would be handy to have another runner out of the backline while we wait on Yaz.

BrisTiger24 said:

Who's going to play as the no2 key back is the bigger question for me atm.