Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Baloo said:
zullo.gif
or
HRsilhouette-moon-wordTM-e1398890835780-1200x542.jpg

The first one please!

Can't wait to see that waved about by the cheer squad.

Oleg Ran 2.87 20mtr sprint with a 15+ Beep as well as great repeat sprint times and massive leap add to that elite agility

kid is a athletic freak and will probably gain 10kgs of muscle in the next 2-3 years

Best part is that for such an athletically gifted kid - He can actually play football as well

Could be a massive suprise our Oleg

Panthera Tigris said:
She was, indeed. A very decent heptathlete. And coming through the same rigorous Soviet bloc talent ID process as Dmitri.

Like breeding a racehorse!

Now if only we can get Richo to meet up with Lauren Jackson.....

I just revisited his his highlight package. He is definately a springy jack in the box!!!

DLR said:

I think I recall her batting for the other side mate??? could be wrong.

DLR said:
I recall Fraser Gheric and Alicia Mollik were being reported as hooking up at one stage. I remember thinking what sort of unstopable beast St.Kilda could have had as a father son in 18 years time !

turk-d-tiger said:
Oleg Ran 2.87 20mtr sprint with a 15+ Beep as well as great repeat sprint times and massive leap add to that elite agility

kid is a athletic freak and will probably gain 10kgs of muscle in the next 2-3 years

Best part is that for such an athletically gifted kid - He can actually play football as well

Agree only needs to learn how to kick

blx said:
I just revisited his his highlight package. He is definately a springy jack in the box!!!

I think I recall her batting for the other side mate??? could be wrong.

Recall her mum and dad playing for Australia in he 70's - be just our luck the third generation would be an aberration!

turk-d-tiger said:

Emma Quayle tended to agree with that. He was worth taking the punt on.

TheCan said:
Agree only needs to learn how to kick

His kicking is alright, not the best, but certainly not the worst..more than acceptable I would say.

To me he looks likes he is a fairly natural footballer by the way he manages to find space around the forward line. If you don't understand the game you can't do that.

For me it is a matter of graduating to the VFL and getting used to the speed of that then graduating to the AFL in time. The good thing is athletically he is already there, it is getting his footy smarts and understanding of our game plan up to speed.

I have high hopes for Ollie.

Ghost of 29 said:
His kicking is alright, not the best, but certainly not the worst..more than acceptable I would say.

To me he looks likes he is a fairly natural footballer by the way he manages to find space around the forward line. If you don't understand the game you can't do that.

For me it is a matter of graduating to the VFL and getting used to the speed of that then graduating to the AFL in time. The good thing is athletically he is already there, it is getting his footy smarts and understanding of our game plan up to speed.

I have high hopes for Ollie.
And if he was giving a decent showing in the handful of SANFL 1sts games he played. regular VFL 1sts should be an easy adjustment. Arguably some believe the SANFL is every bit as a good a standard as the VFL, if not, a touch better.

Ghost of 29 said:
For me it is a matter of graduating to the VFL and getting used to the speed of that then graduating to the AFL in time.
We could play him Round 1 against Carltoon, that's about the same standard as the vfl ;)

Panthera Tigris said:
And if he was giving a decent showing in the handful of SANFL 1sts games he played. regular VFL 1sts should be an easy adjustment. Arguably some believe the SANFL is every bit as a good a standard as the VFL, if not, a touch better.

He was playing SANFL reserves, only played one senior game for the year... Has alot of work to do!!!

Definite X factor and great highlights, apart from being athletically gifted he must have shown huge improvement back end of last year and at combine i would imagine.

Ghost of 29 said:
not the best, not the worst, more than acceptable.....right.....

tigertim said:
not the best, not the worst, more than acceptable.....right.....

lol his kicking is pretty good, sometimes he lacks some control when going at full throttle but I don't see this a major stumbling block. Technically I think his action is quite fluid and he gets good range. The big challenge for Oleg will be winning his own ball against the bigger bodies, I thought his carnival was terrific but he was an overager playing against 18 year olds. At reserves level his contested game was exposed to some degree, but this is to be expected considering his wiry frame. Considering Issac Smith took 3 years of state league football to make a name for himself, I think Markov won't be fulfilling his potential for a couple of years yet.

bullus_hit said:
Considering Issac Smith took 3 years of state league football to make a name for himself, I think Markov won't be fulfilling his potential for a couple of years yet.

That's a fair call. Missed most of 2004 through injury, would have been one of his big development years, hence why in part he got to play as an over age in U18's. Still plays like Jack Gunston for mine, something we really could do with when going for out second and third flag in a row.

Kid showed some very good glimpses that he can play. Didn't look out of place.

Could be a smokey to get some games this year.

A year ahead in development & looked the pick out of he and Rioli.
A real livewire. Very clean skills but his decision making was what impressed most.
Might win a round 1 spot yet.