Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
Got to be called Boris after Boris Badenov from Rocky and Bullwinkle
boris1.jpg

Just love that Mo!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
blx said:
yeah so he would of grown up with his dad in the gym and out on the field. I even think there was a bit of something something with Tatiana Grigorieya! Imagine that mix!

His dad was a solidly built athete too so theres a good chance Oleg has the same genes and will fill out well.

He reminds me of our own Kam Macintosh in his draft year. Lets give the kid time.

Such a high ceiling for both our 15 and 50 picks!

Lets hope it all pans out well.
Both Dmitri and his best mate Viktor Chiastakov (sp?) followed their coach out here. I think his name is Parnov. Chiastakov was going out with Grigorieva and she followed him to Australia. Parnov's daughter was also an athlete, she represented Australia in a Commonwealth Games, from memory the ones held in Melbourne.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Did I hear Francis Jackson right? This kid's been playing SANFL magoos?

Ben Nason anyone?

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Midsy said:
Did I hear Francis Jackson right? This kid's been playing SANFL magoos?

Ben Nason anyone?

Played one game of seniors but it's not like we're talking about a 20 something state league player, Markov is still a raw teenager, he still needs to fill out a bit and that's in essence why he's been playing seconds. Don't forget Issac Smith had a similar frame and didn't click until 21, I think we need to be patient with this one.

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009
Let's hope that McRae can develop the kids nicely - at this stage he's going to have a 6-7 speedsters in the side. Could be fun watching the VFL boys next year.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Tigers of Old said:
No doubt he's a project. Pick 50 in a supposedly weak draft should taper expectations. Hopefully he works out.
Yep, would expect he will serve a decent length apprenticeship in the twos. I'd wait until he's 21-22 to pass judgement. From memory Ben Nason (whom was mentioned by another poster) was already 21 when he was drafted to Richmond from the SANFL ressies, so not a good comparison.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
At least if he dosent turn out any good he could be a body double for jack sparrow

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Good interview and yep his old man looked very, very proud of his boy!! I wish you well Legs.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Panthera Tigris said:
That said, I wonder whether Tatiana has any kids running around? If not, match her up with Richo. Need to breed some father/son selections. ;)

Yep she has kids.
Tatiana is in Brisbane.
Has a gelato shop on racecourse Rd between eagle farm racecourse and the Brisbane river.
I bet it does well on racedays in summer

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Why can't I say his name properly? Mrakov... Mmmrakov... Nope.

John Mrakov has left an indelible mark.