Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Seems to be one every year. Markov this year, Chol and Stengel last year, Butler the year before.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Another record incoming if Soldo hits 100 games, never has there been 4 centurions recruited from one rookie draft. Jackson is the benchmark for all the modern day recruiters, whether it be his use of first rounders or his record in the rookie draft.

That is bloody impressive.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
A great story, thought his AFL career was over and was Gunna play QAFL. 6 months later he's got a premiership medal.

Reactions: 11 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Was wrapped for him yesterday. No one enjoyed it more than Oleg, he was pumped, through his premiership cap into the crowd.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
2015 draft looking textbook much like the 2014 draft, three premiership players with the first 3 picks and a 40 goal forward/ruck in the rookie draft. Jackson played the percentages grabbing two talls late and also invested heavily in raw athleticism, nice bookend to an outstanding decade of drafting.

Reactions: 5 users

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
Agreed, very happy for Oleg, especially after he was stitched up by the stupid “stand” 50m infringement… could have been the difference if Lions had got up.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Agreed, very happy for Oleg, especially after he was stitched up by the stupid “stand” 50m infringement… could have been the difference if Lions had got up.
Well done Oleg!

Hate the stand rule, even hate it when we get a 50 from it

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
Congratulations Oleg! Never wanted to see you leave us and have enjoyed watching your career with each twist and turn.

Reactions: 2 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Genuinely happy to see this man get a premiership medal… seems to be a genuine good bloke

Reactions: 5 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Gold Coast treated him like crap
Dew hardly spoke to him last year
Felt he wasn’t valued at all
Missed training etc
Was resigned to the fact that he would be playing at Southport this year with his mates who work at Being Mentors
The Rest is history !
Well done Leggy
Yet another who have left GC and won a flag

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Gold Coast treated him like crap
Dew hardly spoke to him last year
Felt he wasn’t valued at all
Missed training etc
Was resigned to the fact that he would be playing at Southport this year with his mates who work at Being Mentors
The Rest is history !
Well done Leggy
Yet another who have left GC and won a flag
Spot on, couldn't be upset at Markov yesterday.
He did well getting a gig but there were 5 or 6 that wouldn't have gotten a game in our 2's.
That team on paper would go close to the weakest premiership side I've seen

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He did well getting a gig but there were 5 or 6 that wouldn't have gotten a game in our 2's.
Worst season in a long time, worst final 8 in along time.

Last two seasons have been garbage,

Reactions: 1 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
From.meomry he was the last out of our 2017 side before the finals.

Townsend came in for the injured Caddy and made himself un-dropable, in comes Caddy, out goes Markov.

He finally got his flag.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
Which says a lot for the coaching and game style. I agree there is some holes in the list. It's the dynamic style that won them the flag.
What was once weakness in teams eg St Kilda were said to have had a terrible bottom 6 in the 2009-2011 period and couldn't quite get there. Maybe Hardwick deserves some credit, give them a role and if they all "buy in" you are half way there.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Which says a lot for the coaching and game style. I agree there is some holes in the list. It's the dynamic style that won them the flag.
What was once weakness in teams eg St Kilda were said to have had a terrible bottom 6 in the 2009-2011 period and couldn't quite get there. Maybe Hardwick deserves some credit, give them a role and if they all "buy in" you are half way there.
Lyon lost stkilda the 2010 flag.
Ask any real stkilda supporter.
He went defensive after Goddard kick the goal instead of going for the throat and burying them.
They had all the momentum and a minute after the Goddard goal, Dawes kicks a goal from the goal square.
Weak as *smile*

Reactions: 1 user