Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

I saw last weeks vfl game and tbh I’m scratching my head how he even got 15 touches. I think he got them in 2 short bursts bc he went some very long periods without touching it or even looking like touching it. Statistically sounds reasonable but I can assure you his game was far from impressive.
MJr, Stack, Banks (in a half) were all impressive, RCD wasnt

Further, the tackles they assign to a player as a stat are more often nowadays an ineffective or meaningless tackle. Non impact ones are being added to the stats sheet.

Last year I was looking at the stats of Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera in a Glenelg reserves game. I had watched the game earlier and the stats sheet said he had 7 tackles. I thought "that's bs" so I went back and watched the game again, focusing on him the entire way. He had 3 legitimate tackles. The other 4 were things like the oppo players breaking the tackle (i.e. nothing more than an attempt) or, he would jump on top of a player on the ground who had already been held up in a tackle by one of his team mates (ie. double teaming after the event.)

Tackle stats are VERY dubious.
nota lot on that day?

It's not like we're not giving kids opportunity. Says a bit that he's not getting one.
Unfortunately the same could be said for Sydney Stack. Both RCD and Stack have has guys overtake them in the pecking order, which is especially evident when you see what Sam Banks was able to produce in his first outing.

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately the same could be said for Sydney Stack. Both RCD and Stack have has guys overtake them in the pecking order, which is especially evident when you see what Sam Banks was able to produce in his first outing.
I'm ahead of CD.
I haven't heard or seen, that his biggest deficiency his engine has improved over the summer. He was on a pure running program over the preseason and that looks like its done nothing.
14 touches as a pure midfielder won't cut it.
And that's 14 touches against Southport a QFL side. He should be getting 30-35. Thats delist material.

Reactions: 1 user
He's never been able to find much of the ball at any level.

Combine that with questionable pace and aerobic ability and it's not good combination.

Calls to gift him what would be charity games in our current AFL team early in the year when the season is alive is crazy talk.

Reactions: 6 users
Had high hopes when we drafted him but RCD has had plenty of time to be an established player in the seniors by now. Think we part company at the end of the year and move on.

Reactions: 1 user
We virtually drove him to gold coast.
I never heard the club try to keep him.
That's a failed pick 15 again

They never tried to keep him because they didn't want to pay what he was offered. The Suns had an enlarged salary cap at the time and could afford to overpay. The failure was the AFL's because they didn't appropriately compensate use through their shambolic secret herbs and spices free agency formula.

Reactions: 4 users
Riley tries hard but he is not a natural footballer; can’t get enough of it and spends most of his energy chasing tail.
Apart from a few cameos in four years, has not looked like making a consistent impact at VFL level, let alone making it at AFL level.
Hope is not a strategy; people need to let go of the fantasy he’s a slow burn worth persevering with.
The jury is in and letting go is what the club should do at seasons end.

Riley tries hard but he is not a natural footballer; can’t get enough of it and spends most of his energy chasing tail.
Apart from a few cameos in four years, has not looked like making a consistent impact at VFL level, let alone making it at AFL level.
Hope is not a strategy; people need to let go of the fantasy he’s a slow burn worth persevering with.
The jury is in and letting go is what the club should do at seasons end.
He might ask to be traded.