Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

He just doesn't look like he has any AFL attributes. Good size and a bit of toe. Bog ordinary kick, and decision maker. Doesn't get a lot of the ball, doesn't extract all that cleanly or well.

You can't be not very outside, not very inside, not a link up player nor extractor.

Critically, he does not stand out at VFL level. Unlike players like Stack and Sonsie.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
12 disposals, 1 goal and 8 trackles I hear from the VFL today.
Very low for a mid - did anyone see the game? Was he actually on ball? that's very low for an inside mid.

12 disposals, 1 goal and 8 trackles I hear from the VFL today.
Very low for a mid - did anyone see the game? Was he actually on ball? that's very low for an inside mid.
Watched most of the second half online, looked like he was onball from what i could see... Was at centre bounces and didn't appear to be anywhere elese

Exactly- continually making assertions about RCD without looking at the draft makes the whole argument irrelevant
So we should just hold on to him because the picks around him also stunk? Doesn't make the argument irrelevant at all...he either looks like he makes it or not. I think some just want him to work so it doesn't look like a dud pick. I know he has his fans, he definitely splits the tiger faithful but a midfielder in year 4 has to show more.

Reactions: 4 users
So we should just hold on to him because the picks around him also stunk? Doesn't make the argument irrelevant at all...he either looks like he makes it or not. I think some just want him to work so it doesn't look like a dud pick. I know he has his fans, he definitely splits the tiger faithful but a midfielder in year 4 has to show more.
No. I think we need to see him play seniors before being judged as a failure

His form in the 2's is not good enough to justify playing in the seniors.
Yeh and he’s got bruised ribs that could give him trouble for about a month as stated in this thread. I think people go too early with the guillotine on here.

Reactions: 10 users
Gee I must be the only fan that has seen some qualities of a good player. That game where he kicked 3 odd goals and was dancing out of the centre was not that of an ordinary player. He just needs to be played in seniors, predominantly midfield for a 6 week period and then assess from there.

Reactions: 6 users
Yeh and he’s got bruised ribs that could give him trouble for about a month as stated in this thread. I think people go too early with the guillotine on here.
If he's playing then he's been passed fit to play.
His game on Sunday was like most of his games to date; relatively low possessions, relatively low impact.

I think the time has come to trial him at Half back now. He’s not a midfielder, doesn’t have natural ball winning ability. And is stil struggling to get his disposal count up in the ressies.

I think the time has come to trial him at Half back now. He’s not a midfielder, doesn’t have natural ball winning ability. And is stil struggling to get his disposal count up in the ressies.
We don't need a half back though...Mansell, probably Brown and Stack if played back are all ahead of him, and hopefully Banks in that position, as well as Hugo who had a great game yesterday...I was at the match and the way he glides over the turf is just majestic, don't remember another player as quick as him in terms of line breaking ability

If he's playing then he's been passed fit to play.
His game on Sunday was like most of his games to date; relatively low possessions, relatively low impact.
Morris was very happy with his game, without knowing what role he was asked to play I think his opinion carries the most weight at the moment. Look at the players that had an ordinary round 1 in the AFL and then bounced back well this week. I don't know if RCD will make it or not, but I certainly hope he does. I will always support our players and give them every chance. I think that's what SUPPORTERS are supposed to do but I could be wrong !

Reactions: 6 users
2020 draft traded into 2021
2019 Dow
2018 RCD
2017 Higgins
2016 Prestia trade

2015 Rioli
2014 Corey
2013 Lennon
2012 Vlastuin
2011 Brando
2010 Conca

Gee I must be the only fan that has seen some qualities of a good player. That game where he kicked 3 odd goals and was dancing out of the centre was not that of an ordinary player. He just needs to be played in seniors, predominantly midfield for a 6 week period and then assess from there.
Nah I'm with you. Funny the criticism for yesterday, yet I saw all the defensive efforts, the stops, blocks, etc. All the stuff we bemoaned about Carlton doing to us he worked on and showed against Southport. His defensive running patterns were also very noticeable.

Reactions: 1 users
2020 draft traded into 2021
2019 Dow
2018 RCD
2017 Higgins
2016 Prestia trade

2015 Rioli
2014 Corey
2013 Lennon
2012 Vlastuin
2011 Brando
2010 Conca
217 Premiership, 2019 Premiership, 2020 Premiership

Reactions: 4 users
Updated stats - 15 disposals and 13 tackles. Lauded for undertaking the defensive role he was given.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users
No because he has actually shown a bit.
Among all the rising star eligible players last year he was 3rd in total clearances, with 9 games less played than the 2nd and 13 games less than the first.
He maybe won’t make it, I don’t know more than the professionals and I don’t think he will be a super star, but I think he could be a decent player.