Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Unfortunately for him, I think he’s now behind both Ross and Will Martyn. Hope he gets some some strong VFL games early this year and knocks down the door. Needs to get more outside ball.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Definite prospect
And at least he’ll play games in the VFL this season to stake his claim

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Strong in the contest and got several contested handballs away under intense pressure.
Threw in a Marlion pirouette.
Promising signs.

Reactions: 8 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Loved him taking the game on even after getting caught early, that’s where he could a real match winner

Reactions: 4 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Loves searching for contact after winning the ball. Initiated a don't argue in probably half of his possessions. Was then capable of delivering purposeful, accurate handballs under pressure. Did this multiple times. Great to see him regularly ticking off such an important elite skill for his position.

He almost had a couple more explosive don't argue moments leading to kicks that were interrupted by 3rd or 4th opposition players getting him in congestion. Hopefully he pulls this off more regularly with experience at the level. If so, his "one wood" gives him a high ceiling. Happy for him to get caught a couple of times in order to gain that experience.

In his next game I'll be looking for a wider range of skills to accompany those elite traits.

Reactions: 7 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Has that Power in his game that means he has more upside than most of his peers

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Will be a player. needs the continuity of playing week in week out.

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Unfortunately for him, I think he’s now behind both Ross and Will Martyn. Hope he gets some some strong VFL games early this year and knocks down the door. Needs to get more outside ball.

I'd rather he play than Ross, who is pretty limited. All 3 of those will need a few injuries to get in anyway.

I thought RCD was pretty good tonight. His physicality was impressive, didn't shirk putting his head over the ball.

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Absolutely explosive power through the hips. Tried to burst away a couple of times from nothing and didnt quite work out. Thought when he had it was unluckily caught in tough clinches but didnt panic and did ok. Would be on 30 odd games by now at most other clubs.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Will get better with more games and exposure.
Tended to turn the wrong way several times thus getting caught . Had opportunity to kick goal in 3rd in forward pocket but turned back into traffic . Will get better , just needs his awareness in traffic

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Kid is a ripper. Still a year or 2 away gym wise. Once he gets that will be dominating games.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Missing half a yard in disposal speed.
Its just exposure to the big league now.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
This kid certainly has power and X Factor

Just get 50 games into him ASAP
Indeed.

When he was drafted it was universally agreed he was raw and needed games at VFL level first. Lost a year of that last year but STILL showed AFL traits last nite. Was still super close to breaking into a side that won its third flag in four years.

Feels like RCD could still be our point of difference in the midfield for a contender as a change up mid off the bench. Hope he gets 10-15 games this year. Generation changing stuff.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Missing half a yard in disposal speed.
Its just exposure to the big league now.
Agree with that.

I was a bit disappointed he wasn't given more game time given he missed the Melbourne game. Perhaps he isn't in the mix anyway for round 1 but the seniors experience would have been valuable.