Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Full disclosure, I’m not a fan. However, since getting a taste of AFL football he’s gone back to VFL level and essentially doubled his output and become a dominant midfielder. Can’t ask for much more than that.

Reactions: 3 users
Was conspicuously overlooked for Samson Ryan. That must have stung.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Don’t think he’s a VFL player anymore. He’s taken the step up. Should have been picked to play Friday night.

Reactions: 3 users
Our midfield should be Prestia Cd and Bolton
Wirh Dow and Ralphsmith on the wings.
Ross should be in our best 22.

Reactions: 1 users
It is amazing what a bit of exposure in the big league can do to a kid. Sometimes it can break them and other times it makes them. RCD has certainly shown us he is part of our future so we need to give him more games in the firsts to continue his apprenticeship with our current stars and watch him overtake them next season.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe re-shuffle our mids to fit him in and play edwards forward or back

Absolute must play the rest of the way. More convinced than ever this kid shouldn't have been dropped.

Had 3 x18 possession games in limited game time before a slow night against the Bombers in a win.

We must get games into him ASAP. Building block for the future.

Reactions: 7 users
Absolute must play the rest of the way. More convinced than ever this kid shouldn't have been dropped.

Had 3 x18 possession games in limited game time before a slow night against the Bombers in a win.

We must get games into him ASAP. Building block for the future.

This x1000. Too good for VFL, and has more than held his own at AFL level.

Really really like the fact he’s been unlucky enough to go back to the VFL , yet has won plenty of the footy , which was not his strength , however it shows his work rate is lifting . If the MC do bring him back I’d like to see him play as an inside mid and the Skip gets a bit of easy ball outside, maybe across half back or even a burst or 2 on the wing.

Play RCD now and for the future

It is amazing what a bit of exposure in the big league can do to a kid. Sometimes it can break them and other times it makes them. RCD has certainly shown us he is part of our future so we need to give him more games in the firsts to continue his apprenticeship with our current stars and watch him overtake them next season.
Oh Yes!

I don’t follow closely enough , however did RCD have a tagging role on Rowell last night ? Seem to be near him a lot ? Did a good job if he did

I don’t follow closely enough , however did RCD have a tagging role on Rowell last night ? Seem to be near him a lot ? Did a good job if he did
Rowell went with Dusty if he was there, then at other times it seemed to be Rowell vs RCD.
It was an interesting contest. RCD needs much more percentage play, especially with where he stands at stoppages

I thimk he is too slow on defensive transition. Not great overhead one on one either.

A little disappointing.

I thimk he is too slow on defensive transition. Not great overhead one on one either.

A little disappointing.

I think we can carry one mid who is slow to defend but our clearance woes have a lot to do with Martin, Cotchin, and to lesser extents Bolton and RCD not being able to transition when we don't win the clearance. I lost count of how many times Touk Miller waltzed away from a stoppage.

Reactions: 2 users
Well, if he was tagging Rowell then he was tagging the wrong bloke !
View attachment 12729
He did spend a large time on Rowell. Cotchin was on Miller and Martin on occasions. Miller ran rings around both. It was only in the last quarter when Graham went to him where he was stopped. Only had 4 touches in the last quarter.

In the last RCD got the ball at half back and burst down the middle with it. His tall gangly run looked slower than it was but he covered good distance with some confidence.

That's a glimpse of the future. RCD busting a pack an taking it 30 or 40m before having to release it.

I'm still very confident RCD is going to be a very good player.

Reactions: 6 users