Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Bit hard to dominate when you have no other midfielders around you. Kid is 2 years away from becoming a consistant performer. There is no senior midfielders around him to provide the support and structure. He keeps playing every game. If he had Nank, pre 2021 Cotchin, Prestia, fit Martin and Edwards then he looks a lot better. Will never be an endurance athlete but can become a tall midfield bull.
No VFL last year screwed a lot of our kids as they also had a late pre season start
So this. Times a thousand.

Doesn‘t look out of place, doesn’t look timid but when the ball gets outside the five metres from a stoppage he looks out of place. Needs a huge uninterrupted preseason.

But I’m still in on him.

Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Like the man - he did ok and better than plenty of others out there.

Cant expect your young players to carry the team, I mean the great Dusty can’t do it at the moment.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Bit hard to dominate when you have no other midfielders around you. Kid is 2 years away from becoming a consistant performer. There is no senior midfielders around him to provide the support and structure. He keeps playing every game. If he had Nank, pre 2021 Cotchin, Prestia, fit Martin and Edwards then he looks a lot better. Will never be an endurance athlete but can become a tall midfield bull.
No VFL last year screwed a lot of our kids as they also had a late pre season start

Nailed it. Who was giving him a hand apart from Bolton? No one.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Trying to sugarcoat it but unfortunately he is very poor defensively.

A very poor man's Clayton Oliver at this point in time

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I'm just not sold on this kid. I keep looking for the moment that shows me that he'll make it in the AFL, and it just hasn't happened. RCD's lack of pace is the main concern. He and Graham in the same midfield is worrying.

Reactions: 1 user

Columbo

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 4, 2007
Handy around goal. If he has natural game. If. He is a forward. The big sticks don't move.

Gets another year IMO.
@191, add another 5kgs and 50 games, we should turn him into an explosive fwd flank/pocket type. We need to create more avenues to goal.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Jury out for Leysy.

Unfortunately explosive he's not. Doesn't cover at all on the defensive side.

Every mid we've fielded for years has the ability to cover ground.

RCD...Hmmmm

Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
One minute....sorry,,Riley you're not good enough.

Next minute,,,,Riley,, you're *smile*!!

Personally,,, I reckon he's played better than our captain.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Our expectations on our kids are very high considering we aren't a very good drafting club.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Will make it as a player but has a lot to learn . Suggest he got back to basics in the VFL for next month and learn the basics at stoppages . Eg arm across opponent and have a feel for where they are , there is none of that happening . We got flogged in the last quarter for a reason . Riley is currently playing reactive and not proactive . Gets lead to the ball by his opponent as well . Mmmmmm

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Will make it as a player but has a lot to learn . Suggest he got back to basics in the VFL for next month and learn the basics at stoppages . Eg arm across opponent and have a feel for where they are , there is none of that happening . We got flogged in the last quarter for a reason . Riley is currently playing reactive and not proactive . Gets lead to the ball by his opponent as well . Mmmmmm
For a big bodied midfielder, he doesn’t win enough clearance & contested ball for me. Plus gets torched for speed when opposition win clearance. I’m struggling to see him making it unfortunately.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Question marks on him. Lacks a lot defensively. Doesn't get enough of the pill. Hopefully he can improve into the player we need him to be.
Doesn't get enough of the pill has always been my worry at lower levels of grade. Does some nice things but am not sold on him. Only played 60% game time.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
One minute....sorry,,Riley you're not good enough.

Next minute,,,,Riley,, you're *smile*!!

Personally,,, I reckon he's played better than our captain.
Our captain is cooked. I wouldn't be basing expectations on Cotchin's current form but if RCD could become half of Cotch at his best I'll be happy.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Doesn't get enough of the pill has always been my worry at lower levels of grade. Does some nice things but am not sold on him. Only played 60% game time.
Real issue is that he lets his opponent get first option at ball ., and then hasn’t got the speed of Bolton to offset his slow reaction or mind set .

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
He is still learning the trade but without experience beside him showing him he will have a few down games but overall he is improving even with the limited in game tuition he is getting

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
He’s had enough time in the VFL.
what he needs this year is AFL experience and senior players in form helping him learn the game .

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Until CJ comes back, (assuming we are going to go with 3 talls) would it be worth trying RCD as a 3rd tall?