Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Ridley said:
Don’t reckon you’d get much easier than tonight Turk. We smashed them and he had very little impact.

I’m not convinced. It doesn’t seem to come naturally to him. Looks a good athlete but not sure about the footy side.

Well he is a Rookie selection and at 21 years of age he will have his flaws but every game we get into him he will improve and will start to become accustomed to the pace of the game and also learn to play against the defenders at AFL level. We need to understand that he now faces defenders that are a mile ahead of what he has been playing against in the VFL

Get him to 50 games and he will deliver, He has way too many weapons and looks like has the work ethic

funky

Tiger Superstar
Nov 27, 2009
Against port , gws, saints he was unsighted
Enough of the bs excuses for him he is not
Up to it I'd have towner over him every day of the week.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Couldn't mark anything. Needs to work on that. And was pushed off the ball too easily at times.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Jack has had his best month of footy in probably his entire career and its coincided with Moore being up forward also

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
he's in there partly to learn from Jack isn't he? missed a few marks, etc. but there's something ok about him

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I wish people would look past height assumptions with player positions more often.

Moore is a poor tall IMO, but clearly a solid medium player with his knock ons and ground level work. Most treat him and rates himike a tall forward. Coaches play him one out at full forward against Carlisle. Just because he’s tall, doesn’t mean he’s a tall..

Height is always less important than how they play and what they’re good at doing... Castagna and Townsend are arguably better talls than Moore.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m still far from convinced he will make the grade and in a way it’s irrelevant as Moore may only need to play a crucial role for another 8 matches ,since he has been given a go the forward line appears to be functioning well , we don’t have a true second key forward , however if Moore can do a similar job to Castagna and Towner have done in the air he may well maintain his spot, must start to hit the scoreboard though, at the moment our mids are kicking more goals then our forwards. I do like the fact he can pinch hit in the ruck

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
tigerlove said:
Couldn't mark anything. Needs to work on that. And was pushed off the ball too easily at times.

Agree. I was glad he got to the contest and presented but was bustled out of it. Needs to bulk up a touch. It will come in time

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I remember lots of people including myself saying Rance wouldn’t make it.
Give the kids time.
Not saying his going to be the next Rance but some players take a little longer to click.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Al Bundy said:
Agree. I was glad he got to the contest and presented but was bustled out of it. Needs to bulk up a touch. It will come in time

He was dropping uncontested marks as well. That is my concern with him. I don’t expect him to be outmarking Carlisle on a regular basis at this stage of his career. But he needs to be taking easy marks in a low pressure game like last night.

It won’t get much easier than last night.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
thegdog said:
Jack has had his best month of footy in probably his entire career and its coincided with Moore being up forward also

Agree with this, Grimesy when interviewed said Moore looked dangerous. Now looking dangerous and having a good game are 2 different things and he clearly didn't but he seems to be taking an extra defender away from Jack, who is kicking more goals with Moore in the side, (I was surprised St Kilda's best defender Carlisle went to Moore and not Jack).
Moore did drop some embarrassingly easy marks last night, at least in one of those his recovery was superb and pounced on it cat like and got the handball away to create a goal.
While we are winning I am happy enough for him to do his apprenticeship in the ones, not too much more to be learnt by chucking him back to the two's IMO.

His pace is still worrisome for defenders I just hope he can start to use it better.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
thegdog said:

That’s worth some moore thought - might be perfect for team balance.

caesar said:
Agree with this, Grimesy when interviewed said Moore looked dangerous. Now looking dangerous and having a good game are 2 different things and he clearly didn't but he seems to be taking an extra defender away from Jack, who is kicking more goals with Moore in the side, (I was surprised St Kilda's best defender Carlisle went to Moore and not Jack).
Moore did drop some embarrassingly easy marks last night, at least in one of those his recovery was superb and pounced on it cat like and got the handball away to create a goal.
While we are winning I am happy enough for him to do his apprenticeship in the ones, not too much more to be learnt by chucking him back to the two's IMO.

His pace is still worrisome for defenders I just hope he can start to use it better.

Yep - get some games into him

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Kind of looks a bit ordinary at times as a tall with his marking and goal kicking but then can look great with ball in hand moving around linking with team mates

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
year of the tiger said:
He is the sort of player who with a bit of bulk could move onto the wing with stints in the midfield

He is the sort of player that wouldve got a 10 year career 20 years ago
Not now. He was shocking last night

funky

Tiger Superstar
Nov 27, 2009
We cant afford to have passengers in finals full stop
He has has more than his fair share of chances