Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore

looks very promising.

the best thing Hardwick could do to win back the fans is promoye this guy and Cholly.

Forget about Chplin Hunt and Morris. These are the young guys that will save his job.

That's what Buckley is doing.

Just had a squiz at the highlights geezer can move. Looks 100% the part. Obviously there's the one concern. But everything else looks sensational.

bullus_hit said:
He's a very strong mark with some outstanding qualities at ground level, as a KP player he will run and carry with pace and athleticism, he ran a 2.91sec/20m at the combine which is elite for his size. For a direct comparison I think there's a bit of Michael Pickering about the way he goes about it, a blast from the past but for a wiry player he's not afraid to throw himself into a pack situation. He also has an extra 6cm on Pickering so could quite feasibly nail down a key position. I think this is a very sound rookie selection, I probably wouldn't have taken him given I was dead keen on Chol at 12 and wasn't willing to take any risks with him being unavailable at our second rookie pick. In the end the strategy paid off and we secured a couple of excellent prospects.
Thanks

evo said:
looks very promising.

the best thing Hardwick could do to win back the fans is promoye this guy and Cholly.

Forget about Chplin Hunt and Morris. These are the young guys that will save his job.

That's what Buckley is doing.

agree. Put Chaps, morris and hunt on the LTIL. Say its a limes disease outbreak? Cholly, Moore and some other bloke promoted and played.

I'd much prefer this, than barnstorm into 8th and get beaten by geelong in an elim at kardina park

easy said:
agree. Put Chaps, morris and hunt on the LTIL. Say its a limes disease outbreak? Cholly, Moore and some other bloke promoted and played.

I'd much prefer this, than barnstorm into 8th and get beaten by geelong in an elim at kardina park
at least none of us would be able to get in to witness it.....

Cotchin_4_brownlow said:
Houli out for 12 weeks, put on LTIL and elevate Callum.

Or Marcon to go in the midfield rotations (Conca might be within sight too). More seasoned player, also tearing it up in the 2s. Plenty of time for CMoore. Let him develop, build up the body and hone his kicking.

All those flankers coming in handy now! Can cover MacIntosh and Bachar: Grimes/Menadue/CEllis/BEllis(?)/Floss/Hunt/Morris

A long way too go , but I like this bloke as a 3rd tall forward , I'd have him spending hours on his set shots an tackling , with his pace ,could be a very good pressure act forward.

I worry about his kicking. We've got Elton in the list already who's a poor kick and that's held him back.
He's athletic but that kicking action is rank and not easily fixed.

CC TIGER said:
A long way too go , but I like this bloke as a 3rd tall forward , I'd have him spending hours on his set shots an tackling , with his pace ,could be a very good pressure act forward.

I agree. If we can fix his kicking (big if) then he could be a Jarrod Waite type.

I think we need to go outside the square with Callum.

He is a very good large midfielder with great leap and athleticism , good penetration on kicking but very poor set shot and questionable decision making with field kicking.

Callum is 193 cm and is probably already as good as anyone on our list in marking/competing on down the line kicks. Excellent mover and pace for someone his size.

In short he is the perfect ruckrover clearance player.

If his leap compensates for his height ruck him. If he squares contests or better we will have the advantage of a high marking midfielder around the ground. He just needs to be told to run and carry and use hands to release others or to kick long. He'd be great resting forward and he just needs to kick the ball 60 metres when having a shot pretending its just a long field kick. I doubt he will ever be reliable though in that part of the game.

As Hammer will never be the answer it would be nice if they trialled Griff, Moore and Chol with some extended ruck time in the next 8 weeks.

lamb22 said:
I think we need to go outside the square with Callum.

He is a very good large midfielder with great leap and athleticism , good penetration on kicking but very poor set shot and questionable decision making with field kicking.

Callum is 193 cm and is probably already as good as anyone on our list in marking/competing on down the line kicks. Excellent mover and pace for someone his size.

In short he is the perfect ruckrover clearance player.

If his leap compensates for his height ruck him. If he squares contests or better we will have the advantage of a high marking midfielder around the ground. He just needs to be told to run and carry and use hands to release others or to kick long. He'd be great resting forward and he just needs to kick the ball 60 metres when having a shot pretending its just a long field kick. I doubt he will ever be reliable though in that part of the game.

As Hammer will never be the answer it would be nice if they trialled Griff, Moore and Chol with some extended ruck time in the next 8 weeks.
Yeah, trial as a big bodied grunt mid, fair enough because he ain't gunna be a forward because he'll be missing 8/10 and if he's down back he'll be handing it over the opposition all the time.

tigertim said:
Yeah, trial as a big bodied grunt mid, fair enough because he ain't gunna be a forward because he'll be missing 8/10 and if he's down back he'll be handing it over the opposition all the time.

Hopefully our days of hiding players on the field will be over come next year - watching Port turn the ball over last night was embarresing

Does Callum even have the aerobic capacity to play in the middle.
Coz players that we've even drafted as big sized mids to play that role don't seem to . for eg Vlas

rioli82 said:
Does Callum even have the aerobic capacity to play in the middle.
Coz players that we've even drafted as big sized mids to play that role don't seem to . for eg Vlas

Dont know but he can jump and is almost as quick as Rioli over 20 metres.

Checking out the draft results Rioli, Chol and Markov also look like beauties.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-11/the-top-performers-from-this-years-draft-combine

We got a good look at his athleticism today, Robert.

I only got there for the second half but I can tell you that Callum Moore is a superior athlete. He is quick, jumps over buildings. And his kicking was good again.

Last week he was ... cautious. He didn't just throw himself at the moment. It was like he was overthinking. He even point-blank turned it up once. (He went very hard at the next contest.) He just wasn't sure. Maybe of where to run, when to. Formations, his role in them. You could be forgiven for thinking he was unsure of whether he wanted to play footy. There was that not belonging kinda thing. (Chol gets this worse IMO, FWIW.)

But Callum Moore let fly today. Pwoar. He can ruck rove alright. (Except the ruck bit, Lambchops. ;D) Inside mid. Running #3 forward. CHF. Outside mid. HFF.

He tired. Started to find himself outnumbered on the break. Dunno about his tank. But this Callum Moore has really got it.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
let him loose on the wing, pushing forward and back as necessary.

He ran out of puff today, TBH. Maybe not the tank yet. But for ability he can do that no worries.