Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore

Good hands. Seems to be getting a bit of the ball in the VFL, could get elevated at the end of the year, seems to be doing everything right atm. Good luck to him.

btoz_01 said:
Yet another groomed as a defender!
Think theyve finally seen :idea and play him forward where he belongs
To be fair I think the list of KPPs who played as forwards underage who end up as defenders in the AFL is a long one, not just at Richmond.

I am not the one to produce that list but I recall even someone like Rutten who was seen a dour defender was a forward underage. It's not unusual

get him in the team ahead of craplin. get castagna beanie and markov aswell. what are we waiting for?

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
He's lightning quick and a good contested mark but his kicking in the U18 champs was Butcher-like at times. Hopefully it's not as bad as that - even the best have shanked shots at goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l9HaPlgbps
Saturday's vision looks like his kicking technique is now more smoother .....Can't remember having 2 players on the rookie list as exciting as Moore an Chol

CC TIGER said:
Saturday's vision looks like his kicking technique is now more smoother .....Can't remember having 2 players on the rookie list as exciting as Moore an Chol

Dont forget George & Shorty are technically still rookies also, add Soldo & Marcon & its a very good rookie list

lamb22 said:
Terrific footballer apart from the kicking thing. And I am being serious not ironic or sardonic or sarcastic.

No, this is spot on. Would be a first round pick if he had a decent kick on him. Not so sure how they intend to fix his ball drop but if this is manageable then we have a very good player on our hands.

Just watched the highlights , what's wrong with his,kicking , I could have been fooled it was John butcher , Levi's casboult I must have missed something
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-05-16/vfl-round-6-moores-4-goals

taztiger4 said:
Dont forget George & Shorty are technically still rookies also, add Soldo & Marcon & its a very good rookie list

And after a one-point win over a serious flag contender, plus a strong VFL win (albeit ordinary opp), there is light on the horizon at RFC.

BillyJean17 said:
Just watched the highlights , what's wrong with his,kicking , I could have been fooled it was John butcher , Levi's casboult I must have missed something
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-05-16/vfl-round-6-moores-4-goals

Watch this footage and you get some idea.

Fair to say that his form right now after spending 6 months as a FT footballer is more relevant , is a better looking kick than Nick riewoldt

BillyJean17 said:
Fair to say that his form right now after spending 6 months as a FT footballer is more relevant , is a better looking kick than Nick riewoldt

Not suggesting it can't be fixed, but it will be a great test case for the coaching department. If you remember Benny Gale's first season or two you will recall some horrible shanks, particularly in front of goal. Fortunately Gale became a much more reliable kick as the years went on. Moore is a former rugby player so I know where the technique is coming from, it now comes a question of working his backside off to iron out the unpredictability. The rewards will be significant if he's able to do this.

bullus_hit said:
Not suggesting it can't be fixed, but it will be a great test case for the coaching department. If you remember Benny Gale's first season or two you will recall some horrible shanks, particularly in front of goal. Fortunately Gale became a much more reliable kick as the years went on. Moore is a former rugby player so I know where the technique is coming from, it now comes a question of working his backside off to iron out the unpredictability. The rewards will be significant if he's able to do this.
Apart from a few clips I haven't seen him play at all so what sort of player is he bullus ?

bullus_hit said:
Watch this footage and you get some idea.

The VFL highlights on the website do suggest his kicking technique has been modified.

Looks like an upgrade on Lennon :nopity

Sintiger said:
Apart from a few clips I haven't seen him play at all so what sort of player is he bullus ?

He's a very strong mark with some outstanding qualities at ground level, as a KP player he will run and carry with pace and athleticism, he ran a 2.91sec/20m at the combine which is elite for his size. For a direct comparison I think there's a bit of Michael Pickering about the way he goes about it, a blast from the past but for a wiry player he's not afraid to throw himself into a pack situation. He also has an extra 6cm on Pickering so could quite feasibly nail down a key position. I think this is a very sound rookie selection, I probably wouldn't have taken him given I was dead keen on Chol at 12 and wasn't willing to take any risks with him being unavailable at our second rookie pick. In the end the strategy paid off and we secured a couple of excellent prospects.

Only seen him once but I liked what I saw as a defender. If he can also go forward and kick bags, he will be invaluable