Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

"Bauer was overlooked by Sydney during last year's draft process, having graduated from the club’s Academy system. He has since moved to North Adelaide, and into the forward line, where he's had an immediate impact with his athleticism and high-leaping marking ability. The 191cm forward kicked 13 goals from his first three SANFL games, with clubs noting some strong AFL attributes particularly in the air. Still just 19, and still adjusting to his new position in attack, clubs believe there is plenty of growth remaining in his game."

Can't read dark blue font on black background.

Can't read dark blue font on black background.

"Bauer was overlooked by Sydney during last year's draft process, having graduated from the club’s Academy system. He has since moved to North Adelaide, and into the forward line, where he's had an immediate impact with his athleticism and high-leaping marking ability. The 191cm forward kicked 13 goals from his first three SANFL games, with clubs noting some strong AFL attributes particularly in the air. Still just 19, and still adjusting to his new position in attack, clubs believe there is plenty of growth remaining in his game."​

Reactions: 2 users
Jacob Bauer (15 disposals, eight rebound-50s, six marks)

"Had another really good game down back. I thought his aerial power was a real highlight for us, there were a couple of big contests where he didn't take a backwards step on. I think he's going to be a really important part of our backline moving forward."

Reactions: 1 users
They don't seem to have much faith in Biggie and Miller making it as defenders. They recontracted Brown so maybe Brown and Bauer are the long-term replacements for V and Broad.

Reactions: 1 user
They don't seem to have much faith in Biggie and Miller making it as defenders. They recontracted Brown so maybe Brown and Bauer are the long-term replacements for V and Broad.

Biggie seems to have been doing surprisingly well in the ruck. Could be his new gig.

Jacob Bauer (15 disposals, eight rebound-50s, six marks)

"Had another really good game down back. I thought his aerial power was a real highlight for us, there were a couple of big contests where he didn't take a backwards step on. I think he's going to be a really important part of our backline moving forward."
I noticed that, im never sure how much attention to pay to those sort of quotes though.

Bauer had only been switched forward a little bit before we drafted him irrc - he was mostly a defender as a junior.
Wasn't he playing as a forward in the SANFL when we recruited him ?

Not sure why when we have a complete lack of forwards he all of a sudden is sent to the backline.

So if what you have said is true we only had Tom & Jack before adding Bradtke to the list as genuine key forwards on our list. Still baffles me that.

Reactions: 1 users

Not sure why when we have a complete lack of forwards he all of a sudden is sent to the backline.

So if what you have said is true we only had Tom & Jack before adding Bradtke to the list as genuine key forwards on our list. Still baffles me that.
Yes he played as a forward in the Sanfl, but that was only a recent thing for him.

Was always undersized for the key forward role, especially at AFL level where defenders would monster him.

Given his size and aerial prowess, he could make a formidable third-tall/intercept defender even at AFL level. I can see a debut in the not to distant future.

I think its probably he's a bit undersized and doesn't have that burst of speed off the mark. Undersized with lack of leg speed isn't going to bode well at AFL level. With his marking ability, he does seem more suited to defence at the top level. I think someone compared him to Jermey Howe before and thats probably a good call. Howe was ok as a forward but much better behind the ball.

Another switcheroo.
I swear!

e807b7baa96c1c0697f807e3085445736813088f25f353e4b2a743ed7fab661f.jpg

Bailey Fritsch 188cm 86kg compared to Jacob Bauer 192cm 86kg
No reason why Bauer can’t be a 3rd tall if he’s good enough to make it

• Love