Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

I don't get it, Bauer had been kicking goals, Bradtke and Lynch are injured, Samson is playing in the ones, and Bauer gets shifted down back.

Granted the club have got the runs on the board with Short and Dan doing well after getting shifted down back, it just doesn't seem like the right time to try Bauer in defence.

Reactions: 1 user
Who knows. Maybe he can't get a kick at training when matched up against our defenders.

Reactions: 1 users
Who knows. Maybe he can't get a kick at training when matched up against our defenders.
He struggled to get a kick against VFL defenders in the 1st couple of rounds- he was able to make the most his opportunities though.

When playing forward it seemed a little like he could get the ball when he wanted but didn't quite know when to go in. The opposite mindset of Baker if you like.
As a defender he has to go after it every chance he gets. Sending him back intended to take away the problem.
His marking is way above VFL standard. Grimey and NV no longer the players they were.

Expect he will spend time on Van Rooyen on Monday.

Last edited:
Reads the ball beautifully behind the ball. Defence looks like a great option for him.

He was a good footballer.
Yep was Richmonds shining light during those dark days mid 80s along with Trevor Poole and Phil Egan and Flea.

Was never the same after Geoff Miles assassinated him on Anzac Day at VFL Park against the Eagles happened right in front of me.

Very unlikely to happen with him not being tried down back, but I reckon Bauer could make a decent fist of replacing Broady while he's suspended.
Has similar attributes, one being his attack on the ball.
I wonder who from the RFC read my thoughts a month ago about Bauer being tried down back.

Reactions: 1 users