Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

Bauer isn't that quick,and doesn't apply a lot of pressure,l think going back will teach him to be more responsible, and get more involved in the contest .
With Young really fitting in well,they might try Gibcus up forward .
So do you think its a temporary learning move?

Reactions: 1 user
Bauer isn't that quick,and doesn't apply a lot of pressure,l think going back will teach him to be more responsible, and get more involved in the contest .
With Young really fitting in well,they might try Gibcus up forward .
Were actually thinking exactly the same @bengal tigers

Reactions: 2 users
It's hard to say ,but he does lack pressure up forward,and putting him back will force him to contest.
The thing for me is he lacks a bit of leg speed ,so he might be good against those slower medium-tall types.

It's hard to say ,but he does lack pressure up forward,and putting him back will force him to contest.
The thing for me is he lacks a bit of leg speed ,so he might be good against those slower medium-tall types.

An undersized player without leg speed, doesn't sound great for a forward but much easier to play like that as a back IMO.

Maybe they think he has a lot more chance of making it as a defender. Tom McCartin / Tom Doodee probably the prototypes.

Reactions: 1 users
I’d suggest yes , he’s not slow Bauer , would be quicker than jack fwiw. Reports he played well down back , I wouldn’t rule out a need for an intercept defender either as we’ve dropped right off in that area ,,,gibbo will assist on his return , whenever that is

I’d suggest yes , he’s not slow Bauer , would be quicker than jack fwiw. Reports he played well down back , I wouldn’t rule out a need for an intercept defender either as we’ve dropped right off in that area ,,,gibbo will assist on his return , whenever that is
Shows you what a genius JR8 is.
Undersized, not quick off the mark and without genuine athleticism, but one of RFC’s greatest ever key forwards.
Remarkable when you think about it

Reactions: 10 users
An undersized player without leg speed, doesn't sound great for a forward but much easier to play like that as a back IMO.

Maybe they think he has a lot more chance of making it as a defender. Tom McCartin / Tom Doodee probably the prototypes.
He does have a great leap,he did a great spoil on Sam Darcy who's 208 cm ,and he's 192cm.
Tom Stewart is only 190 cm ,and he play's a lot taller.
I guess we will see when hew gets a game .
Undersized, not quick off the mark and without genuine athleticism, but one of RFC’s greatest ever key forwards.
Jacks body work is brilliant ,your right what a remarkable career

Also one of the smartest footballers I've ever seen. Has an incredible footy intellect.

Reactions: 3 users
He does have a great leap,he did a great spoil on Sam Darcy who's 208 cm ,and he's 192cm.
Tom Stewart is only 190 cm ,and he play's a lot taller.
I guess we will see when hew gets a game .

Jacks body work is brilliant ,your right what a remarkable career
Jack had a great leap once too.
Sadly he's lost it.
I've long said that Jack is the best in the league at knowing where the ball will land. One of the smartest footy smarts ever

Reactions: 4 users
I understand we are trying something new with Bauer, and he’s playing well down there which is great, but with Lynch out for an extended period, would be good to see Bauer keep playing forward. We can’t just gift games to Samson because he’s tall. Give him a good go at it, handful of weeks, but if he continues to struggle as he did last night, Bauer could be an option. It’s just strange timing, we have plenty of backs around his size. Couldn’t we abort the experiment until later in the year and get him to continue working on his forward craft?

VFL R4: Morris post-match
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video...t-match?videoId=1307916&modal=true&type=video

I understand we are trying something new with Bauer, and he’s playing well down there which is great, but with Lynch out for an extended period, would be good to see Bauer keep playing forward. We can’t just gift games to Samson because he’s tall. Give him a good go at it, handful of weeks, but if he continues to struggle as he did last night, Bauer could be an option. It’s just strange timing, we have plenty of backs around his size. Couldn’t we abort the experiment until later in the year and get him to continue working on his forward craft?

VFL R4: Morris post-match
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video...t-match?videoId=1307916&modal=true&type=video
Wouldn’t surprise to see him next week

Wouldn’t surprise to see him next week
Might seem a bit silly to say because our kicking has been disgusting the last two weeks, but I feel like he’d be a better player at AFL level with better kicks coming into him in the forward line

Might seem a bit silly to say because our kicking has been disgusting the last two weeks, but I feel like he’d be a better player at AFL level with better kicks coming into him in the forward line

Now that is an OXYMORON at present if ever i've heard one ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Looking forward to see him get a chance , takes a very good mark

"Bauer was overlooked by Sydney during last year's draft process, having graduated from the club’s Academy system. He has since moved to North Adelaide, and into the forward line, where he's had an immediate impact with his athleticism and high-leaping marking ability. The 191cm forward kicked 13 goals from his first three SANFL games, with clubs noting some strong AFL attributes particularly in the air. Still just 19, and still adjusting to his new position in attack, clubs believe there is plenty of growth remaining in his game."

Last edited by a moderator:
We recruited Bauer on the back of him kicking 16 goals in 6 games games in the SANFL. Not counting the last 2 games that he has played down backing the VFL, Bauer has kicked 38 goals from 17 games.

For farce sake, end the farce.

Reactions: 1 users
Also one of the smartest footballers I've ever seen. Has an incredible footy intellect.
Future RFC coach in waiting...if he wants it!
Mind you footy commentator is also beckoning...if he wants it!
Reckon he has more passion for the game...so could combine the two roles as a coach...and give his post match summation as a commentator!