Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Terrible last night.
Fumbly
Overran the ball.
Not linking.
Not marking.
Not crumbing.
Not breaking tackles.

Played like a player looking for touch after missing a block of games.

But he runs a lot ........and at speed.
And yet he kicked one of the weirdest goals you’ll ever see.

Even the goal he kicked, came because he fumbled, and couldn't grab the pill. Was quick thinking though, which I was surprised by.
He's fumbly now the way he was in his first few games in 2016. Much more assured 2017-19 with his ball handling, kicking still diabolical.

Even the goal he kicked, came because he fumbled, and couldn't grab the pill. Was quick thinking though, which I was surprised by.
He's fumbly now the way he was in his first few games in 2016. Much more assured 2017-19 with his ball handling, kicking still diabolical.
Most of the team has an attack of the fumbles at present. Shai’s about the only exception.

Reactions: 1 users

You are right but he did seem to out Body and manoeuvre Davies to almost out mark him , which was good work , brought it to ground and quick thinking soccered it through , I think it’s harsh picking on that bit of play to be fair .

Reactions: 1 user
I was glad he kicked it off the ground. If he had have picked it up he would have missed. Much like the one he missed last week after the beautiful little soccer pass from Soldo.

I was glad he kicked it off the ground. If he had have picked it up he would have missed. Much like the one he missed last week after the beautiful little soccer pass from Soldo.
He's much better when he acts instinctively. If he thinks too much he's *smile*.

• Haha
Shouldve/ could've its Georgie.
That snap from virtually directly in front was embarrassing.
That's a standard set shot.
The first set shot put him off.

Do you mean the set shot he tried to “banana”?
I thought it was a disgraceful decision by George to even attempt that shot
It was as if he thought it would be more acceptable to miss with that sort of kick than to miss with a straight run-up and std drop punt
In other words he tossed in the towel and knew he couldn’t kick a goal
Disappointing to say the least

Reactions: 2 users
Get off his back, he was huge in the first half and instrumental in the win. He prefers to snap, you must go with the kick you are most comfortable with. He was everywhere in that first half. Keep it up George, plenty of us luv ya!!.

Reactions: 1 users
His running to support in the back half was exemplary.

He never gets a free kick.
He got smashed 'front on' last night and he got hit in the head in the 2nd qtr both called play on.
His tackling helping the defence is A1. He swings them like rag dolls.

• Haha
He never gets a free kick.
He got smashed 'front on' last night and he got hit in the head in the 2nd qtr both called play on.
His tackling helping the defence is A1. He swings them like rag dolls.
If those infringements happened near goals the umpires don't pay them to George as even they don't want to see him shooting for goal.
Very frustrating player to watch is Georgie.

i think they are trying him in a different role
I saw him a lot of the game in the back line .deep in the mutts back line ....... winning the ball or kicking it

on ball??

i think they are trying him in a different role
I saw him a lot of the game in the back line .deep in the mutts back line ....... winning the ball or kicking it

on ball??

I just think because he is such a freak ( fitness wise ) he is one of those players that works both ways and helps a lot in defence. It’s something I’m noticing a lot with Georgie Boy.

Really happy he kicked three. Would help his confidence.

I love the constant blank expression on his face.
He obviously has no idea what is going on half the time. Just works on instinct.
Even after a full out attack in the ball, he’s hardly blowing any air. Just stares blankly ahead.
Would be great at poker

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
i reckon George seems to be playing a Brandon Ellis type role - and it suits him and the team