Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Gee i said this on the other thread but George played all his latter junior career, including rep games, off half back. It is not foreign to him.

Reactions: 3 users
George cannot play on the wing.

Can not.

We deal with his horrible ball use forward because the mids and backs have enough time to set up for the turnover.

Against North, we got away with it, because North are terrible and can't punish a turnover.

We will concede lots of simple goals if Castagna is coming out of the back line, and we have an even half way decent opponent.

In the last quarter alone, he had two or three no look hack kicks from our defensive goal square down the middle of the ground. If he does that against Collingwood, we lose.

Although our forwards did look more effective.
With all due respect CT, Castagna could play like Peter Matera and you still would not be satisfied.

Reactions: 4 users
George cannot play on the wing.

Can not.

We deal with his horrible ball use forward because the mids and backs have enough time to set up for the turnover.

Against North, we got away with it, because North are terrible and can't punish a turnover.

We will concede lots of simple goals if Castagna is coming out of the back line, and we have an even half way decent opponent.

In the last quarter alone, he had two or three no look hack kicks from our defensive goal square down the middle of the ground. If he does that against Collingwood, we lose.

Although our forwards did look more effective.

He is better then Rioli, Flappers and Short.
Castagna runs and tackles.
That's basically why we are good, on the back of players like Georgie.
He never gives up.
Playing on the wing or coming off the half back line will be unpredictable and will give us a chance to open the play up.
If you have any issues refer back to the 28th of September 2019.

Reactions: 1 user
He is better then Rioli, Flappers and Short.
Castagna runs and tackles.
That's basically why we are good, on the back of players like Georgie.
He never gives up.
Playing on the wing or coming off the half back line will be unpredictable and will give us a chance to open the play up.
If you have any issues refer back to the 28th of September 2019.

Rioli had three tackles on Saturday. Catagna had 1.

They're both averaging exactly 2 for the season.

Try again.

we're officially at loggerheads CT :rotfl2

This is a log I've decided to continue to beat my head against. I think in the mid corona fog of footy matches in which skill seems to have been forgotten, and when a team has three goals to half time they're considered high scoring, I've finally become fed up with Athletes who can't play.

I would much rather watch footballers.

And it may be purely aesthetic, but I've decided I don't care. I want footy to be beautiful.

This is a log I've decided to continue to beat my head against. I think in the mid corona fog of footy matches in which skill seems to have been forgotten, and when a team has three goals to half time they're considered high scoring, I've finally become fed up with Athletes who can't play.

And it may be purely aesthetic, but I've decided I don't care. I want footy to be beautiful.

ive got no beef with that brother.

my only counter would be,

find beauty in the mundane.

actually, that won't work.

Understand what you are saying but our flags aren't built around pretty football. George has been pivotal to our recent success which is based more on what you do without the footy than with it. Position over possession has been key. George covers alot of ground at break neck speed and not many players can go with him. You may not notice this on TV but you can see his work ethic live at the ground. Unfortunately you have to put up with georges brain farts and scrubber kicks. I'd rather watch flags than pretty football.

Reactions: 7 users
Winning is "pretty" football, winning flags is Beautiful Football.

I want more Beautiful Football

Reactions: 5 users
Castagna has been a key player in the game style that has taken us to two premierships in three years. Captain Chaos.

Reactions: 2 users

Geez don't you even appeciate his evasive ability? His goal against Freo was a thing of beauty. His sidestep is a thing of beauty.

Perhaps just watch the highlights after each game to get through.

Geez don't you even appeciate his evasive ability? His goal against Freo was a thing of beauty. His sidestep is a thing of beauty.

Perhaps just watch the highlights after each game to get through.

He has a great sidestep, that's for sure.

What's the phrase?

It's not the sidestep, it's how you use it.

The more I see him play, the more I realise he has no idea where his kicks or handpasses are going.

As much as his skills annoy me, he is a must in the team. He is a very hard matchup due to his ability to take a mark and has pace to burn. I would have him as a high half forward only so that he can turn the opposition inside out in a more attacking manner. Higgins should be moved to the wing instead.

As much as his skills annoy me, he is a must in the team. He is a very hard matchup due to his ability to take a mark and has pace to burn. I would have him as a high half forward only so that he can turn the opposition inside out in a more attacking manner. Higgins should be moved to the wing instead.

George came alive on the wing last week.

and Higlet is playing half forward rover very well.

I think thats how it will go.

Terrible last night.
Fumbly
Overran the ball.
Not linking.
Not marking.
Not crumbing.
Not breaking tackles.

Played like a player looking for touch after missing a block of games.

But he runs a lot ........and at speed.