Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

I've noticed a significant improvement in his body work. Has outmarked a number of opponents the last few weeks through good use of the body. He has a nice twinkle toe side step too, to go with his beautiful foot skills. This year's big improver.

Reactions: 8 users
Rising star for this round is Sam Darcy thought it should be Tom Brown

Reactions: 1 user
Funny the change in attitudes to Tom from a lot of posters
There were plenty of reasons to be concerned with recruiting him.
  1. Another backman, when many thought we needed a forward, not realising we had Lefau and Kozi in the bag.
  2. Injuries in his first season giving him very little exposed form.
  3. When he did play VFL he seemed very laconic and lacking a physical presence. Not a big ballwinner.
  4. Geelong parentage. Yuck.
He's coming with a bullet now. Continuity, exposed form and a coach who's backing him to weaponise his kicking are revealing what's under the hood. No shame in questioning the original selection but revising the opinion as the data comes in.

Reactions: 7 users
View attachment 22390
Punters on PRE waiting for someone to have a strong opinion on a player
Interesting that people with strong opinions don't like when others give them a strong challenge.

I got told to "get off my cross" and "stop whinging" amongst many other pleasantries (not saying by yourself DA) for saying folks we're going too soon and too hard on Tom. Think there was other comments about me googling Brown and excuses when I posted.

About 6 weeks ago I argued against someone (can't be bothered looking for who), who claimed he was a bust and got more than enough grief for challenging it...It gets pretty ordinary on here sometimes, just for supporting our own.

Doors gotta swing both ways I say. Have a strong opinion, but folks don't need to get precious when challenged.

Reactions: 8 users
Doors gotta swing both ways I say. Have a strong opinion, but folks don't need to get precious when challenged.
Yep. The whole idea of having a forum is so that people can have an opinion and put their thoughts and opinions up for a discussion, regardless of whether those opinions are right, wrong or bloody indifferent. Sadly there's a lot of expert shouting done on people at times.

Reactions: 4 users
Interesting that people with strong opinions don't like when others give them a strong challenge.

I got told to "get off my cross" and "stop whinging" amongst many other pleasantries (not saying by yourself DA) for saying folks we're going too soon and too hard on Tom. Think there was other comments about me googling Brown and excuses when I posted.

About 6 weeks ago I argued against someone (can't be bothered looking for who), who claimed he was a bust and got more than enough grief for challenging it...It gets pretty ordinary on here sometimes, just for supporting our own.

My point is you should be able to have an opinion without being mocked for it in the aftermath.
I’m not precious, I just think it’s pathetic. And usually comes from posters who contribute nothing in the first place. They sit on the wire ready to swoop hence my meme.
It’s the cheap shots I can’t stand, not the differing of opinions. Can you see the difference?

Reactions: 2 users
Yep. The whole idea of having a forum is so that people can have an opinion and put their thoughts and opinions up for a discussion, regardless of whether those opinions are right, wrong or bloody indifferent. Sadly there's a lot of expert shouting done on people at times.
There is a newspaper article all about it.

1712573669885.png

• Haha
My point is you should be able to have an opinion without being mocked for it in the aftermath.
I’m not precious, I just think it’s pathetic. And usually comes from posters who contribute nothing in the first place. They sit on the wire ready to swoop hence my meme.
It’s the cheap shots I can’t stand, not the differing of opinions. Can you see the difference?
I get it mate.
I don't like people "rubbing others noses" in it especially if they've not said anything in the debate anywhere - they're just piling on.

Hence why I've said stuff like I'm pleased with the improvement, but want consistency, im not saying we have a star yet. Couple of good games doesn't make a career and all that. I'm also not going to gloat over others, because there's enough history on PRE that somewhere I'll have made a mistake too.

Equally though, can you see how others get nasty when challenged? It's just inappropriate and at times, makes me wonder why I come to support our players here. People take it waay too personally.

Reactions: 1 users
Been a doubter on his selection, but really coming of age.

All supporters knew how good his shoe is, but his one on one work in particular has really come on.

As he gets more confidence he can really keep the upward spiral going.

Been a doubter on his selection, but really coming of age.

All supporters knew how good his shoe is, but his one on one work in particular has really come on.

As he gets more confidence he can really keep the upward spiral going.
Yes Taranto saying he’s winning his 1 on 1s post match shows his team mates are equally as happy about this improvement in his game.

Reactions: 3 users
He was a one-on-one star as a kid, it was just a matter of adjusting to senior footy.

Reactions: 3 users