Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Always seen potential, however like all his draft class outside of Gibcus I’d like a little more attack on the ball

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I had a hole in one once, I suppose at that moment in time I was the most accurate golfer on the planet?
I had a hole in one once only it wasn't. I was 3 off the tee because I had put my first shot out of bounds. It was a hell of a par however.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
im here.

and it appears I was extremely wrong. Im stoked.

there seem to be a few of us.

but your point isn't well made.

you are saying every draft bust ever, the experts who do it for a living were right?

opinions on a footy forum

'if you see dusty, you give it to him, its a no brainer' :love:

bravo son
I'm saying way way way too strong too early,as we know ,it takes time.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The most exciting aspect of Brown's clear improvement is that his skill set is in exactly an area we needed improvement in.
We've been playing catch up with our list management since SHocking made things easier for the ball carrier to execute clean disposal.
As we have seen Brown's kicking is dynamite. He's a quarterback.
So Brown as well as Sonsie & Campbell are helping considerably with this transformation.
Miller's elite kicking skills have also helped change our style.

Was really noticeable against the Saints how much we controlled the ball at times.
Our kicking evolution has been a really clear under Yze. Hope it continues.

Reactions: 16 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
The most exciting aspect of Brown's clear improvement is that his skill set is in exactly an area we needed improvement in.
We've been playing catch up with our list management since SHocking made things easier for the ball carrier to execute clean disposal.
As we have seen Brown's kicking is dynamite. He's a quarterback.
So Brown as well as Sonsie & Campbell are helping considerably with this transformation.
Miller's elite kicking skills have also helped change our style.

Was really noticeable against the Saints how much we controlled the ball at times.
King Chaos is dead!
Long Live King Control!
Kicking skill will rule our resurgence!
Like it ToO.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
To take a quote out of the article:

On Sunday, Brown had his own AFL legend to assist him when his audacious inside out drop kick . . .

Drop kick, he did a drop kick? Is he the reincarnation of Bobby Skilton Jr or does the numbnut from the HUN not know what a drop kick is?

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Drop kick, he did a drop kick? Is he the reincarnation of Bobby Skilton Jr or does the numbnut from the HUN not know what a drop kick is?

DS
It's Jon Ralph, he doesn't know how shoelaces work.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

there is way more to be excited about than I expected this year.

Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
there is way more to be excited about than I expected this year.
Sure is. Already so early in the season we see Brown, Campbell and even Ben Miller starting to shine and looking part of our future. We also have others just about to blossom in VFL like McA, Green , Smith and Trezise and more so maybe our future is not a bleak as some think. Some of our established stars will be looking over their shoulders at the cubs and wondering about their own future

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

DS
Drop kick / drop punt lookee alla same but one's a little bit cheaper, come buy come buy, special deal for you.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Sure is. Already so early in the season we see Brown, Campbell and even Ben Miller starting to shine and looking part of our future. We also have others just about to blossom in VFL like McA, Green , Smith and Trezise and more so maybe our future is not a bleak as some think. Some of our established stars will be looking over their shoulders at the cubs and wondering about their own future
Also I am still expecting that we see improvement in Banks and Clarke this year.
Like with Brown there are people writing these kids off way too early. Both have the tools, they will get better.

Reactions: 6 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Hopefully it’s the obligatory media article before the rising star nomination this week. I see Sam Darcy got it last week after some good pumping up by the media in previous weeks despite just average games.
Often afl articles have a hidden agenda behind them (conditioning fans for the inevitable)

Last edited: