Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

Last year he looked like the Astbury replacement and playing along side Balta they looked a likely pair. Now that it’s Miller and Young it just doesn’t work. Could be a useful third tall defender next season if Balta and Gibcus are playing.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder how much that shoulder injury early in the year affected him? Missed a lot of the preseason & it seems to be showing.
Just seems a little bit off on in all areas where he was last year & those small reductions are being exposed badly with the amount of football flying in there.
He got the shoulder last year, Olds. That's why forwards would lead out to the right on him then double back. He had no left. He had surgery in the off season but I wasn't aware that he'd had another injury or aggravated it. That would not be a help.

Reactions: 1 user
Can we put him back in the preseason draft.
People are giving him top many outs. His shoulder...
He has been average since the GC game he was ok against Melbourne.
Between Miller and him its who's going to worse this week.
Either he shows some desperation in the 2nd part of the year or just delist him and select the best defender in the VFL.

When the midfield isn't being smashed beyond comprehension, it might be fairer to closely analyse his output then.

At the moment noone is holding their own.
correct! and well said. we do this so often, dismissing our players as no good. High level of Injuries can break any team. We need to judge our players when the team is playing well and see their good qualities. Hold fast, weather this storm, reap the future rewards. Go Tigers!

Reactions: 4 users
He got the shoulder last year, Olds. That's why forwards would lead out to the right on him then double back. He had no left. He had surgery in the off season but I wasn't aware that he'd had another injury or aggravated it. That would not be a help.
Shoulder injuries and surgeries can take a while to get back to full range, strength and confidence so Olds may be onto something. A few weeks in the seconds combined with an upscaled rehab program could be the answer to re-capture last year's form.

Reactions: 2 users
Last year he looked like the Astbury replacement and playing along side Balta they looked a likely pair. Now that it’s Miller and Young it just doesn’t work. Could be a useful third tall defender next season if Balta and Gibcus are playing.
Balta playing outside the Backline has destabilised our backline. I would’ve preferred Young forward rather than Balta.
Young hasn’t coped all year and has struggled without Balta as you’ve stated. He has looked so terrible without him and even with so many entries coming in you can see him panicking or too far behind. He’s now being exploited in this area by opponents. It will be interesting without him how we play.

Balta playing outside the Backline has destabilised our backline. I would’ve preferred Young forward rather than Balta.
Young hasn’t coped all year and has struggled without Balta as you’ve stated. He has looked so terrible without him and even with so many entries coming in you can see him panicking or too far behind. He’s now being exploited in this area by opponents. It will be interesting without him how we play.

He was like that last year too. I want every Tiger player to succeed but I’ve seen nothing to suggest Young will ever reach the heights of a Luke McGuane type let alone an Astbury. Panics with the ball and turns it over, constantly out manoeuvred by forwards. I just don’t see any afl traits

• Sad
So key back unavailable til mid season 25 at best. Both he and Gibcus never quite know how players are going to return from knees. We basically need to get another key back for insurance at least.

Reactions: 1 users
Suspected ACL.
Surely to god someone's taking the *smile* on the RFC.

Terrible result for Tylar FMD.

Fingers crossed its not but they are pretty easy to diagnose unfortunately.

Looks like we need to drat another Key defender at least 1 possibly 2 over MSD and ND and Rookie Draft., especially with Grimes likely to retire if not mid season.

Gibbus and Tylar both out for half of next season most likely.

Geeze we are getting torched.

Too many holes appearing on the list now.

Our midfield takes precedence in the ND as well as a junior Key Forward but we are now also gonna need some key defenders and another ruck

Jeebus.

About a year ago I referred to Tylar as Garthwaite 2.0

Sad to say I think this still applies.
Don't think he will make it.

Hope he can overcome his injury setback and prove me wrong.