Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Got a good feeling about the Sonse, reckon he's going to be a dead set star. A hybrid version of Dusty and Toby Greene.
If gets anywhere near Dusty.
I will take back the 10 years of bagging our recruiting blokes back.
Dusty is like Haleys comet they only come past every 74 yrs.
Fingers crossed

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
His whole family were strong Bulldogs people. Hardly missed a game.

Lucky for us he lived in our zone.
Richmond and Wilson would've brought him over back then anyway.
There weren't many back in the 70s that knocked back an opportunity to play for us.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I believe it was mentioned at tonight’s AGM that the Sonz will join the main group in full training when the players return in January after being managed in the rehab group since joining the club pre Xmas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

azzatiger

Tiger Cub
Nov 29, 2021
I believe it was mentioned at tonight’s AGM that the Sonz will join the main group in full training when the players return in January after being managed in the rehab group since joining the club pre Xmas.
Dimma said at the AGM tonight that Matt Clarke still has a smile on his face that the Sonz got through to our third pick

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Dimma said at the AGM tonight that Matt Clarke still has a smile on his face that the Sonz got through to our third pick

So we should have taken Clarke then Banks and then took Sonsie si we could say we took him with our 5th pick

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yep the 10th of January.

Sonz was just starting to do some running in the last session on Friday.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It's a great throway line but really makes no sense under scrutiny.
Sounds like we will roll with the old “we debated between Brown and Sonsie at our second pick and couldn’t believe he was there at our next pick” at some stage next year.

Reactions: 5 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Sounds like we will roll with the old “we debated between Brown and Sonsie at our second pick and couldn’t believe he was there at our next pick” at some stage next year.
Clearly we rated Brown but from Clarke's actions (trying to move up in the second round), his on the night reactions and what has come out since - we also rated Sonsie around that mark and were wrapped to see him slip to us. I believe it's a genuine case of "we couldn't believe he was there at our pick". Let's not forget Sonsie was rated a potential top 3 pick... just six months earlier.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
At the last open training session in November, Sonsie was moving like he was a 100 year old man in the rehab group.
So to see him today winning clearances & hitting targets was just about the take out highlight. Early days but wondering already if he's the steal of the draft..
Exciting.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
At the last open training session in November, Sonsie was moving like he was a 100 year old man in the rehab group.
So to see him today winning clearances & hitting targets was just about the take out highlight. Early days but wondering already if he's the steal of the draft..
Exciting.

If i was to frame a market for steal of the 21 draft,

the Sonz is 9/2 favourite

Hes just gone h2h with trent cotchin and dion prestia,

And acquiited himself wonderfully

If your his dad, your drinking 15yo cuban in a tumbler over a 2inch ice cube right now.

Wait,

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The first play winning the centre clearance was impressive.
Sharked the tap with the Chimp hanging off him.

indeed, and employed the chimp arm-tangle rear fend off at full pace!!!

immeasurable degree of difficulty.

obviously, if it was a final, Chimp would have dislocated every joint, and ruptured every ligament in his arm.

that aside, we clearly have a player.

an inside/outside, duel-sided, goal-kicking mid, no-less.

Collingwood can have Nick Daicos

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
indeed, and employed the chimp arm-tangle rear fend off at full pace!!!

immeasurable degree of difficulty.

obviously, if it was a final, Chimp would have dislocated every joint, and ruptured every ligament in his arm.

that aside, we clearly have a player.

an inside/outside, duel-sided, goal-kicking mid, no-less.

Collingwood can have Nick Daicos
Sonsie is our Cotchin replacement. That’s why Hardwick wanted him to attend every centre bounce.

• Love

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
You can understand why Sonsie slipped down the draft order. New Super Coach of the Year favorite, Sam Mitchell, once yelled at him during a VFL match.

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Left and right sided, wins clearances for fun, clean hands, I'm in love.

Reactions: 3 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
He has that wonderful trait of making time and space to enable composed disposals. His deft kicks are sublime. I am going to really enjoy his development into a top mid.