Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Heard that Hawthorn had a beef with his VFL game about following defensive direction and ability to play to instruction without the ball.

Its laughable. In one game to be unhappy with a kids ability to pick up structures and positioning while totally ignoring what he did offensively is the ultimate modern footy IQ gone mad. Hawks were never going to take him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Heard that Hawhtohrn had a beef with his VFL game about following defensive direction and ability to play to instruction without the ball.

Its laughable. In one game to be unhappy with a kids ability to pick up structures and positioning while totally ignoring what he did offensively is the ultimate modern footy IQ gone mad. Hawks were never going to take him.
So they want them ready made?
Good luck with that

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Was watching a clip on the club sit. This boy sounds like Dusty. Similar speech pattern, intonation. Let's just hope he plays like the great man also.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Cotchy was actually raised by

Val Perovic and Ronny Wearmouth.

they shared a small humpy under the Footscray wharf, and young trent had a menagerie of posters on his pylon,

so its difficult to ascertain definitively who he barracked for as a kid,

but most likely it was St.Kilda, Carlton, Collingwood and Footscray.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Heard that Hawhtohrn had a beef with his VFL game about following defensive direction and ability to play to instruction without the ball.

Hmmm, I think Mitchell was VFL coach at the time.

His elevation to senior coach has disaster written all over it if this is how he communicates with his young players. Early era Buckleyesque.

• Love

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I couldn't, wouldn't play AFL if it wasn't for the Richmond Football Club. How do ya like that attitude.

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Had it in the back of my mind from when he was drafted that he said he was a Carlton supporter. It was in an interview after that draft.

Anyway most likely I am wrong as there have been many beers drunk since then
I think you might be confusing Cotchin with Deledio
Lids was a Carlton supporter (probably still is now)

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
All jokes aside don't know why more kids don't take this approach. Imagine growing up a passionate tiger fan then you get drafted by Carlton. It'll be enough to throw the towel in. I can understand kids on the fringes saying they'll be happy playing anywhere, but a gun junior who will definitely be picked up can afford to pick and choose.
All jokes aside, i guess that the player agents set them straight.
What happens at contract time and we want competing offers to bump up your contract? Or when things dont go well and the club wants to trade you?
You've got 18 potential employers. Dont put 17 offside.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I really like we took a public school kid in The Sonz.

it fits my narrative.

it may partially explain the slide?

maybe a stubborn refusal to bare teeth and a few dropped g's in the modern game,

overseen by the Hooray Polo-elite,

spells Trouble? Casual classism?

yeah, that fits my narrative like a pair of Dusty thongs

• Haha