Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
You don’t hate him? Ok. Carry on.
I have some serious question marks about his inside game and work rate. The hate words are yours not mine. I'm also on record saying he has some AFL qualities with his disposal and class. However, if he can't win his own ball and is prepared to work hard all game then he won't be playing seniors.

The majority of the high rated players from last years draft have already debuted - why hasn't Sonsie yet?

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I have some serious question marks about his inside game and work rate. The hate words are yours not mine. I'm also on record saying he has some AFL qualities with his disposal and class. However, if he can't win his own ball and is prepared to work hard all game then he won't be playing seniors.

The majority of the high rated players from last years draft have already debuted - why hasn't Sonsie yet?
He’s a player but agree he has work to do.
A solid preseason will do him wonders.
I’d like to see a change in body shape when he returns next year. Needs to lean up whilst gaining strength

Reactions: 1 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
He’s a player but agree he has work to do.
A solid preseason will do him wonders.
I’d like to see a change in body shape when he returns next year. Needs to lean up whilst gaining strength
Clayton Oliver had a lot of body fat when he first started. Just play the kid and get experience into him. 50 games as quick as possible

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Fair enough KK. Don’t you think his lack of preseason has something to do with him not debuting yet?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Fair enough KK. Don’t you think his lack of preseason has something to do with him not debuting yet?
Yes fitness is an issue no doubt but u know what Dimma is like with players who are too outside for his liking.

B Ellis, Butler and Naish all playing elsewhere because they avoided contact like Stevie Dew avoids a salad for lunch.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yes fitness is an issue no doubt but u know what Dimma is like with players who are too outside for his liking.

B Ellis, Butler and Naish all playing elsewhere because they avoided contact like Stevie Dew avoids a salad for lunch.
Sonsie is no way as outside as those players. I see Sonsie very much in the mould of Zac Merrett.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerWinner

Tiger Rookie
Apr 21, 2022
He appears outside because he gets the ball and gets there quickly...to the outside that is....what a beautiful sidestep he has.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Reckon he is in the 2's just learning to be defensively accountable in our system. I think he will be one of those players that once he gets into the 1st team, he probably doesn't fall out of it. There is no rush with the Sonz, he will be a beauty. I see a lot of Sam Mitchell in him.

Reactions: 4 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Part of me thinks this is a good week to bring another player through to get a taste.
Doubt they'll play him. We are close to full strength and it is really only Gibcus as a youngster that has forced his way in (I'll be gutted if he makes way for Tarrant).

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Think he'll ultimately make way for Prestia.

I don't think so, based on what Dimma said post match. Sounds like he's loving what MRJ's doing and that small forward spot has been problematic for a couple of years. Pickett or possibly Edwards for Prestia.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I don't think so, based on what Dimma said post match. Sounds like he's loving what MRJ's doing and that small forward spot has been problematic for a couple of years. Pickett or possibly Edwards for Prestia.
Who would you drop for Prestia if he comes back this week?