Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

It's true that he doesn't waste a stack of energy defending.

But that will come as he gets fitter and learns the system.

Still all class with ball in hand

Reactions: 1 user
Leave him at VFL until he dominates. Today wasn’t one of those days. Just needs the time to develop

I don’t normally watch VFL but did today to get a look at Sonsie.

He looks smooth when on the move and knows which spots to be in to get some ball. However I would have liked to see him extracting a little more and be a little more damaging with his ball use; there was a lot of throwing the ball on the boot.

Hopefully with more fitness and conditioning he will be able to do more in the contest and more often.

He is not ready to make a meaningful impact at AFL in my opinion. But then again our cupboard is not only bare it’s missing a door, so why not give him a taste and a true understanding of the gap.

From reports Sonsie is tracking in the right direction but from PREnders viewpoint, some are not so sure although all say he shows real promise. Sounds like there is hope for us

Your hatred for the kid is blowing your judgment. Not sure what he has done but your assessment is misguided.
I don’t hate any of them. I judge each on their merits. I hope they all play 200 games.

On the other hand your blinkers and hardon for Sonsie is boring

• Haha
Nothing as yet to write home about. Kid can look fairly smooth on the outside going forward at times, but it takes a heap more than that to survive at AFL level.
I'd have Stacka n Moju well ahead of him at the moment, plus we've still gotta find a way to blow some cobwebs off the Dusty one n get the Fish n Lamblett back on the park.
Until at least the halfway mark of the season I'd prefer to see Sonz, Banks, Clarke, Brown simply getting game development in the magoos with the prospect of a senior game or three if they've got strong form n gaps in the seniors start opening up. Also hoping to see the Cummerbund ( if fit ) n Biggie get a look at seniors this year.