Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Club is delicately poised. High expectations both internally and externally. Ageing champs. Arguably our greatest ever player questioning his future in the game.

And yet the light burns strongly in some of the young uns. The Jib....clearly, but have we placed too much responsibility on his young shoulders? Dunno.

We also have Arthur. The prodigy.

Time to light up the G young fella!

Reactions: 1 users
wither way he will either show glimpses of what touted him as a top 10 draft prospect at one stage... or will see how ridiculously fast the elite level is. What he got away with in TAC/VFL level in the seniors will be holding the ball...

Some players have natural evasive skills, dont need to be super quick and can make split second decisions. Sonsie also has the luxury of good disposal by left or right so that fraction of a second to adjust/ballance to get it to his prefered side is not needed.

Wait and see.

Re: Pick 28: Tyler Sonsie

Tyler Sonsie is close to senior selection after a 34-disposal, seven tackle performance in the VFL loss.

“He looks like an AFL player to us," said Hardwick.

"He's got to work on his fitness and get that part of the equation up to speed, but he's done a power of work over the course of the time he's been with us.

“I can see him playing for us in the not-too-distant future, whether that’s this week we’re not too sure, but he’s certainly put his hand up.”

Source: zerohanger.com

Reactions: 5 users
I know I am being selective and only 1 game but draft watchers fawning over Ward & McDonald, they had 9 & 10 disposals and 25 & 27 AFL fantasy points respectively against Saints today, I am betting my house that Sonz will do better when he debut's for the mighty Tige's.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I know I am being selective and only 1 game but draft watchers fawning over Ward & McDonald, they had 9 & 10 disposals and 25 & 27 AFL fantasy points respectively against Saints today, I am betting my house that Sonz will do better when he debut's for the mighty Tige's.

Bring it on - an away trip against the crows would be a perfect opportunity I reckon.

Not sure we should be judging on one or even a few games.

Reactions: 1 user
Sonz only had about 15 this week in the VFL and may not do any better than Ward when he makes the step up. No need to rush him either. He's still getting miles in his legs.

Reactions: 4 users
Sonz only had about 15 this week in the VFL and may not do any better than Ward when he makes the step up. No need to rush him either. He's still getting miles in his legs.
Yep, I'd like to see him work on the defensive side of his game too.

Is going to be a ripper though.

Sonsie was given a little carrot with his name appearing in the extended squad.
Dow, Ross & Collier-Dawkins will all be well aware that he's now in the club's sights & need to start delivering on their opportunities at snr level.
Looking forward to watching Tyler in the VFL tomorrow..

Reactions: 4 users
I am as excited about Tyler as the next person, but there is no rush. Let him dominate VFL and get his fitness up to AFL level so when he does come in he is ready to go.

Reactions: 2 users
Hope Sonsie has a ripper game today and really puts his name up . Very good chance we get a touch up from melbourne and there could be a great opportunity to introduce Tyler to the AFL next week against the E-Girls