Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The Sonz could feasibly win the premiership this year (max 6 games left) and then still go on to win the Rising Star next year. How good would that be!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
He is an even smarter player than I thought. That softly floating kick that set up Shai's mark 10 metres out was perfectly done.
He knew Shai was a chance with his leap, he just couldnt kick it too hard.

Now.. if only we can work out how Gibcus has gone from steak in the first few games to mincemeat in the latter part of the year, that would be great
That kick was a gem. Love what he does.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
He is an even smarter player than I thought. That softly floating kick that set up Shai's mark 10 metres out was perfectly done.
He knew Shai was a chance with his leap, he just couldnt kick it too hard.

Now.. if only we can work out how Gibcus has gone from steak in the first few games to mincemeat in the latter part of the year, that would be great
I like mince, Nanas mince on toast, bolognaise, tasty and gets the job done.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Given he's wanted to see improvement in his defensive game, Dimma will be very happy with Tyler Sonsie having 22 pressure acts..(our 4th best behind Prestia, M Rioli & KMac) on the weekend.
Development.

Reactions: 21 users

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
the recruiters seemed really surprised he fell to us, though it was click bait, but i have seen enough, Gibcus and sonsie far out great draft.

Reactions: 3 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
You cannot teach the decisions Sonsie makes with the ball
I’m going early but this kid has “elite“ written all over him. Incredible football IQ, game sense and skills already evident. The best I have seen since Matthew Knights.

Reactions: 6 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
This might sound weird, but that level of running for a first year player could be counter productive. Might be better served running a bit smarter and saving his efforts for bigger impact per contest.
Don't mean to sound negative, I thought he made a valuable contribution tonight, but I have seen juniors force themselves to get to every contest and then have little left in the tank to make a real impact when they get there.
This was Shedda's issue early days too.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I’m going early but this kid has “elite“ written all over him. Incredible football IQ, game sense and skills already evident. The best I have seen since Matthew Knights.
His pick up and ball handling reminded me of Knighta, too.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
the recruiters seemed really surprised he fell to us, though it was click bait, but i have seen enough, Gibcus and sonsie far out great draft.
Very early days, it would be great if one day the Gibcus and Sonsie draft year is compared to the 2007 draft which we nailed with Cotchin and Rance, or the Riewoldt, Edwards draft year.

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
The knights comparison is a good one but this guy can kick with either foot

i would not swap him for any other midfielder from last years draft (apart from Daicos)

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Getting more assured with each game. Still has a bit to learn but certainly looking comfortable in the firsts and giving us another smart strong runner who should made our midfield his home next season

Reactions: 3 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
The bizarre thing is that we didn’t take him with the 2nd pick. I’m grateful we have him and a little bemused we didn’t take him earlier given the surprise he was still there! I suppose the same happened with shai

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The bizarre thing is that we didn’t take him with the 2nd pick. I’m grateful we have him and a little bemused we didn’t take him earlier given the surprise he was still there! I suppose the same happened with shai
We may have been surprised that Shai lasted till pick 29 but we didn't overlook him earlier as 29 was our 1st pick in the 2016 draft.

• Love

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
This kid is going to be something.
Kicks well off either foot.
Smart IQ.
Another preseason under his belt and he will be spending more time in the midfield.

Plus learning and seeing first hand one of the clubs best midfielders at the club, The Cotch!