What a LADY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What a LADY

Not only has she and Brendan Gale steered the club to success, but together they have added class to our club.
Yeah Class with a capital C

We got the perfect storm of Class.

CEO, president, Captain all had it in abundance.

Peggy would deny it of course,

But we were blessed with a rare individual.

Thanks Peggy

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hated the appointment of Peggy at the time but was proven well wrong.

I passionately disagree with her in the way the board is manipulated now and I think the fact we still have pokies is an absolute black mark on her and the club, but outside of that she has been a tremendously capable and successful President.

Reactions: 1 user
Hated the appointment of Peggy at the time but was proven well wrong.

I passionately disagree with her in the way the board is manipulated now and I think the fact we still have pokies is an absolute black mark on her and the club, but outside of that she has been a tremendously capable and successful President.

I agree with this TBR.

Whilst she has done a fantastic job at uniting the Board (which is never easy and particularly at Richmond) and backing Benny and Dimma to perform at their absolute best during her time as President she has done some things which I feel are really poor.

I have significant reservations about her revising the club constitution to ensure only handpicked candidates will ever get on the Board and worse still they now get to operate without any member recourse. If we ever get another Clinton Casey running the joint, then we are rooted.

Staying in pokies is a massive black mark against her and the rest of the Board. Their complete reluctance to discuss it, answer questions or give a deadline by which time we'll be out is akin to the AFL style of operating.

Last edited:
Agree totally.
It was Hafey that inspired the Tigers back in those dark days to premierships.
He was the one that took us to the promised land.
If there is a past coach deserving a statue it is him..if statues are the be all and end all.
Probably would be defaced or pulled down by some activists, who hate Richmond.
im surprised Tommy hasnt got a statue at punt rd