What does everyone want from the rest of the season? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What does everyone want from the rest of the season?

hungry1

eat em alive tigers
Apr 4, 2003
melbourne
All this talk about no one wanting to coach Richmond is old news. This I am sure is no longer the case. We have given Spud plenty of time and no one expects a club to persit with a coach if they are not getting results.

With Greg Miller now at Punt Road and a reasonable group of assistants (Brittain, Hutchison) imagine Richmond would be a good opportunity for any coach in waiting. Not sure about Wallace though given his poor history with the Tiges during his playing days.

BTW, all those insisting on trading players for draft picks at the end of the year please keep in mind that the kids this year appear to be pretty ordinary and any pick past 30 will be a lottery.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Halfway through his forth year as coach I think Frawley has had ample time to prove himself.

As a team we are not playing any better than we did under Geischen, skills are poor, many senior players have not improved, recruiting and development have been woeful and because of a lack of direction in the football department supporters are starting to turn their backs on the club in large numbers.

The team has suffered more than its fair share of injuries this season but that has served to only highlighted the above points.

Given the amount of support Frawley has enjoyed since he started, the fact that every player on the list has been through a contract renegotiation and the time he has been at the club, IMO Frawley's results should be better.

Unless their is a complete onfield turnaround the lieks of which I've never seen at Richmond, I think the admin should tap Frawey on the should and tell him to resign with dignity.

I don't think we should have to tolerate another year of mediocre, directionless coaching just to honour a contract and create the appearance all is well at the club.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
TigerFurious said:
I don't think we should have to tolerate another year of mediocre, directionless coaching just to honour a contract and create the appearance all is well at the club.

That in a nutshell says it all. TF your knowledge of the game is second to none.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
here here everyone, the amount of money it will cost in memberships if he continues will cause them to make the tough decision in fact he says he's honest well it doesn't take much to know he has failed yet again....I say get rid of him and stuff what people think.......this is a classic example of rushing in and signing some one to a long term contract for the sake of it. I don't think other clubs would have beaten his door down

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Conscise and informative Laffs. Your avatar says it all. Maybe Frawley could get a job at Ballarat McDonalds as the saturday afternoon party clown. He has the credentials!

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
diggler said:
Conscise and informative Laffs. Your avatar says it all. Maybe Frawley could get a job at Ballarat McDonalds as the saturday afternoon party clown. He has the credentials!

Danny McFrawley?? Would you invite him to your party? ::)

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Has everyone forgotten that SHEEDS has already turned us down once. If my sources are correct he all but promised Leon DAPHNE that the deal was as good a done then used that to get a better deal at Essendon.

I too would love to have SHEEDS back but he has gotta want to do it for all the right reason. Nothing more nothing less.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I just want us to no longer be the laughing stock of the AFL and actually a side that is taken half seriously. I would like a strong solid 4 quarter hard running itl they are all stuffed effort weak in and weak out.

I want a sign that our club has mental toughness and can overcome this and not believe themselves that they are not up to it.

I jsut want a good solid side that puts in its all every week and has the respect of the other clubs.

Not much to ask as a supporter i reckon.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
diggler said:

He can share old tiger story's with Richo who'll be working in the drive thru.