What does everyone want from the rest of the season? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What does everyone want from the rest of the season?

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Well done Laff, I'm glad someone else can see Johnson for what he is. A disappointment.

Excluding the West Coast game he has been found wanting against all other top 8 sides we have played thus far. He has had injuries but if you take the field then I'll assume you're fit to play. He has let us down very regularly in big games and its an indictment on Johnson and Bowden and others that Coughlan, A 3rd year player is our most aggressive and best performed midfielder. Shame on the rest.

Richmond recruited Johnson and Blumfield to boost our midfield and so far its not working out. How are we going to feel in 5 years time when Wells/Brennen are hitting their prime and Johnson and Blumfield are set to retire.

Once again it looks like short sighted decisions are costing us dearly.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
definately not make the finals. We only have 17 on the list who are up to it. And that may be a bit kind. Lets finish near the bottom and get some early draft picks. Making sure we pick the best kids available. Lets promote our rookies and see what they have to offer. Lets give schulz sipthorth & hyde a decent go. We are going to have to go down near the bottom for a while to go forward. Oh and lets sack frawley he couldnt nurture a potato yet alone a group of kids :(
:(

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMAO!

Ouch! Short, sharp, and very hurtful.

But I hope the selectors can live with themselves for selecting Knights and Richardson before Campbell.

Stands alongside to the decision to play Mark Taylor instead of Dean Jones in the one dayers as one of the worst decisions ever made.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerdog said:
promote Kel Moore and Shir from the rookie list and let them burst onto the scen for a few games... let's face it Shir can play and will be back from injury in the next few weeks... and Kel Moore despite being slender apparently has no problems finding the footy and putting his body on the line.

TD,

Unfortunately, (and I posted the thread regarding the Members info from last week). Shir is out for at least a month having torn his thigh muscle again. Worse news: Kel Moore has developed Osteitis Pubis - the very early stages and is being closlely monitored and may not be playing much footy this year.

Niether player will be promoted to the senior any time soon

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Rosy - are you sure you're not talking about the golfer Campbell, or someone else??? Calling Wayne Campbell a receiver is the most ludicrous comment I've ever heard (apart from the comments stating SPUD is a good coach, give him a go, etc. etc. etc.).

If Campbell is a receiver, then Rogers has lateral vision, Bowden is a hard nut and Beck is the best recruitment officer in the league!

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
Frawls, Becks, Rogo, Kayne, pack yer bags and git.
Go on git! Git, git git!

You heard me, get outta here!

Go on, kick a goal Stewie. That's a beautie Stewie!
The effervesent Charles.
They weren't looking the tigers, they gave it up.

P

PuntRoadRoar

what i want from the rest of this season?

I just want our losing streak to end! LOL

Hawthorn have won their last 3, melbourne flogged St Kilda. the only team worse than us at the moment is the Bullies and everyone thinks they are playing like chappell getting our for ducks but playing well.

oh lord why do u mock me!!!!!!

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
PRR
oh lord why do u mock me!!!!!!

LMAO!! Your not on your own there. ::)

Kl
Unfortunately, (and I posted the thread regarding the Members info from last week). Shir is out for at least a month having torn his thigh muscle again. Worse news: Kel Moore has developed Osteitis Pubis - the very early stages and is being closlely monitored and may not be playing much footy this year.

Niether player will be promoted to the senior any time soon

Thanks KL.
But surely now we must realise that out conditioning is all wrong. Way too many players are being injured or re-injuring the same thing and it really isn't good enough.

Now people have told me on here before and I have heard it on the radio that we have one of the best medical staff's going around...... well maybe so... but over the last 2 years, our injury record has been absolutely appalling. Something needs to change because combined with our ordinary efforts at the recruiting table, and poor list management of recent times.... we are killing ourselves!!!

There has to be an answer other than just... bad luck... or injury gods!!

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
TigerFurious said:
Richmond recruited Johnson and Blumfield to boost our midfield and so far its not working out. How are we going to feel in 5 years time when Wells/Brennen are hitting their prime and Johnson and Blumfield are set to retire.

TF, I agree it would have been nice to have picked up one of these guys but if you remember we went for the Johnson/Blumfield option because Carlton were still in the mix for a pick ahead of us and we didn't get our first pick until pick no.4 (I may be wrong so correct me if so). As such the RFC decided that they wouldn't use no. 4 pick and swap it around to get Johnson. As the AFL then decided to ban Carlton from the draft we were shafted because we'd already done the deal with Adelaide/North. Kangaroos then got no.3 pick I think which meant they got Wells.(once again a Carlton ploy, they got dicked and made sure we did as well).

What do I want from the rest of the season? All players in a Brisbane guernsey to suddenly be wearing a Richmond one. What a bloody joke, 9 i/s games lost in a row and no sign of improvement. We are miles off the mark so once again back to the beginning.

No more please, please!!! Cap'n she canna taker ena more. Ima givin ur all she's got. :'(

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Make it ten this week and most of those have been good old fashion floggings they are rarely even competitive

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Thanks Harry I find your feedback encouraging and sincere......its not easy being me, as I predicted their downfall before it happened. The problem is nothing has changed the dud won't try any youth and the ones that are there like Rodan clearly need a spell. Your right he has no vision for the future and to be honest the best thing that could have happened was that the phone got ccut of in Brisbane.....the runner must think most of the time that the messages that come through are crank calls

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
I want to get FUD, Diggler, Harry, Mikee, Laff, ILN, johnF and all the other Bandwagon members a "In spud we trust" Cheersquad T-Shirt. ::) :p :rollin ;D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
TT your quite correct on the draft issue. We gave up pick 4 not pick 2. It subsequently became pick 2 after the Blues were bannished.

It was judgement call and we lost out, but it would have been a big call to predict that the AFL would strip Carlton of their picks. Come to think of it, it would be a big call to predict anything the AFL might do.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
g0tigers said:
I want to get FUD, Diggler, Harry, Mikee, Laff, ILN, johnF and all the other Bandwagon members a "In spud we trust" Cheersquad T-Shirt. ::) :p
roll.gif
;D

Perhaps some t-shirts which say "Get your pitchfork ready Spud" would be good

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Don't agree Gus everyone knew Carlton was gone it was common knowledge and at the end of the day they gave up pick 2 for a 4th string midfielder who would have gone to Richmond anyway...as usuall the smart ones being North picked up pick 2 for a washed up wife stealer well done North .......you lose again Tigers

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
I would hardly call Johnson "a 4th String midfielder" Laff. Go and watch the 97 and 98 Grand Finals where Johnson would have won the 98 Norm Smith medal if it wasn't for a freak called McLeod and was in the top 5 players in the 97 GF. And no, he would have gone to Geelong who were offering pick 9 if we didn't give our first pick.
It's widely acknowledged in the football world that the guy is a gun.I think we've got plenty of other duds to bag, Johnson's one of our best players, the problem is he needs more support in the midfield.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
The Boss said:
It's widely acknowledged in the football world that the guy is a gun.I think we've got plenty of other duds to bag, Johnson's one of our best players, the problem is he needs more support in the midfield.

Agree Boss. As does Cogs and Cambo. With all three in there together we are at least competitive in the midfield. Once one or worse still two aren't there we have no depth to replace and cover for them. The club finally started addressing the midfield this year but sadly it's going to take longer than 6 months to get it up to scratch.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
For a guy with hardly the most damaging disposals ever, he is averaging under 20 possession a game so far this season. I would hardly grant him "gun" status on those figures.

But having said that, he isn't a bad player, and far from it, I'd rate him in our top 6 or 7. We will probably lose out to the Kangaroos, but I don't think it will be anything near as devastating as the pick of Fioraover Pavlich. That one will really haunt us.