What is Neil Balme thinking? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What is Neil Balme thinking?

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
A great win to the Tigers on the field and in the coach’s box. Maybe Hardwick has a sneak peek occasionally and reads a few posts on PRE?

And maybe we have a glimpse into what Balme was thinking with Hardwick’s positional changes during the game and the way he used Edwards that contributed to the win.

It’s good to finish the game without any noticeable injuries for a change.

And a special note to the hypoactive AFL who feels that rule changes at the beginning of each season means they know how to improve the game of football – you don’t so stop it!!!!!!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tigerdangerous said:
A great win to the Tigers on the field and in the coach’s box. Maybe Hardwick has a sneak peek occasionally and reads a few posts on PRE?

And maybe we have a glimpse into what Balme was thinking with Hardwick’s positional changes during the game and the way he used Edwards that contributed to the win.
Yes, it’s true. Dimma checks PRE for sound footy advice. Oh, it’s also true any good positional moves he makes are done by Balmey.

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
tigertim said:
Yes, it’s true. Dimma checks PRE for sound footy advice. Oh, it’s also true any good positional moves he makes are done by Balmey.

Do you just write *smile* for the sake of it or is this how you think generally? Don't you know sarcasm is like cheap wine - it leaves a terrible aftertaste. :spin

Enjoyed the intensity the Tigers brought to the game against Port and hope with the injection of youth, forced in part by injuries, that intensity remains for the rest of the season.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Tigerdangerous said:
Enjoyed the intensity the Tigers brought to the game against Port and hope with the injection of youth, forced in part by injuries, that intensity remains for the rest of the season.
Can't argue with this sentiment. Reckon we've been backsliding in this aspect of our game since our flag win. Been just that little bit comfortable with our ability to turn the switch when we've felt like it, last year and starting this one instead of bringing heat all game.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Wonder what he thinks of the new no kick in the square after a point. To me compared to the old rule it is a step backwards. The old rule had some character but the new rule just a dull training drill.

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
TigerMasochist said:
Can't argue with this sentiment. Reckon we've been backsliding in this aspect of our game since our flag win. Been just that little bit comfortable with our ability to turn the switch when we've felt like it, last year and starting this one instead of bringing heat all game.

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination and what he believes he can achieve in any given game.”

Which confirms what we already know – most sport is played between the ears which determines success or failure. The intensity brought by the Tigers in the game against Port was much overdue and is a quality that can discussed with relative ease by the coaching staff.

It was an impressive win and the self-belief it should generate within the group and particularly with the younger players and those who had been out of form like Ellis is priceless.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hopefully Neil can turn the season around, really struggling now.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Amazing, how some posters appear and disappear depending on our fortunes. Or not.
Very true L2R, especially the match day nuffies.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I've seen him wandering down Glenferrie Road with at least 3 pizza boxes a couple of times.

So I reckon he thinks about food a fair bit.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
St Kevin said:
I've seen him wandering down Glenferrie Road with at least 3 pizza boxes a couple of times.

So I reckon he thinks about food a fair bit.

Only three, just a light snack then...

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Tigerdangerous said:
The wheels are falling off the Richmond 2019 season one by one and while it is difficult to accept, the club must and put into action a very real plan that at the very least secures some decent draft picks come the end of the season.

Bloody Balme stuffing up our early draft pick chances.

Perhaps we had just a few loose wheel nuts rather than wheels flying off?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
tigertim said:

I email Dimma every Wednesday with selections and coaching tips.