When was it ours? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

When was it ours?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
When do you think the flag was our's?
For me, i was singing and dancing after the castagna goal in the 3rd qtr. The look on Jack's face was 'we have got them again'.
The Dusty 3rd qtr goal was the cream on top of the cake we had these guys beat.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I thought Dusty’s goal at the end of the 2nd was significant. I reckon the belief amongst the players at half time would’ve been significantly buoyed by that.

If we go in 21 down and then they get the first goal in the 3rd, it becomes tough. Not impossible, but tough.

Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
When you watch the replay it is clear that when Lynch kicked the goal to put us 14 in front in the last the game was effectively over. The cats were spent and were pretty much gone.
However it didn't feel that way watching it on TV. I was doing the Leigh Matthews calcs until 3 minutes to go on the clock and it wasn't until Jack's goal I relaxed and knew it was all over.

Reactions: 7 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Jacks goal sealed it. Prestia kicking the 1st in the last meant we were going to be ver hard to beat.

Reactions: 6 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
as soon as they focussed on 'let do it for 'the little master' ...'Dangerfield deserves to win it' ......it all became about those two .not the team ................they loaded up the pressure on winning for 2 players only .............nothing about the team ...................or how to win it ...........weak club lead by weak leaders

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I thought Dusty’s goal at the end of the 2nd was significant. I reckon the belief amongst the players at half time would’ve been significantly buoyed by that.

If we go in 21 down and then they get the first goal in the 3rd, it becomes tough. Not impossible, but tough.
to me the more important part of that goal was not the scoreboard, it was the reminder we have Dusty.
i was getting a little nervous through the 2nd but when Dusty kicked that goal i knew we have the best player in the world and the game was still ours if we wanted it.

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
to me the more important part of that goal was not the scoreboard, it was the reminder we have Dusty.
i was getting a little nervous through the 2nd but when Dusty kicked that goal i knew we have the best player in the world and the game was still ours if we wanted it.
Yeah tend to agree. He was pretty quiet while the Cats were dominant during the late 1st / most of the 2nd. That goal, and the shanked shot shortly after it, really got him back into the game and reminded everyone "I'm still here, and I'm just getting started"

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
When Menenola goaled after that delay - the maths meant they could still get back even if they needed 3 goals

When we’d maintained that lead for the next few minutes I was pretty sure we’d done enough

But I‘m always watching the clock and doing the maths

Reactions: 3 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
When they got 22 points up. Balta went in the middle for the next ruck contest and the ball didn't leave our half for the rest of that quarter.

The start of the third quarter was just like the PF19. We drew level within minutes.

As bad as that second quarter looked, they only scored 3.3. Much like their early dominance in the PF19, it amounted to little and we rounded them up with the inevitability of Winx.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
When Menenola goaled after that delay - the maths meant they could still get back even if they needed 3 goals

When we’d maintained that lead for the next few minutes I was pretty sure we’d done enough

But I‘m always watching the clock and doing the maths
For me, the Bulldogs scrambling a draw against us in 2008 after being 19 down with 3:20 to play serves as a benchmark for what is possible.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
For me, the Bulldogs scrambling a draw against us in 2008 after being 19 down with 3:20 to play serves as a benchmark for what is possible.
That was against our 2008 defence, in an era when scoring was much higher. However, I usually allow 2 minutes on the clock per goal for what is realistically achievable.

Reactions: 1 user

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
When Dion kicked the first of the last i thought geez we are on here, Dusty's 3rd just about, but it was cancelled straight out, so when Jack kicked his 2nd 1 new it was ours & Dusty's 4th , well he was just taking the p**s out of everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Personally, Dusty’s goal before half time was the moment I believed it would happen.

From there, every goal increased that confidence and I can’t single one out above the others. We were 17 points up with the ball in Geelong’s F50 when I thought it’s locked away. I think that was after Lynch’s goal, but before Jack’s boundary goal.

Jack’s goal was the first excess goal that felt purely celebratory, like we were dancing over a knocked out opponent’s limp body as the game shifted to being 100% about us.

Both Jack and Dusty’s final goals felt different; they were more like the celebratory goals against Adelaide and GWS. When you’re 100% guaranteed to win the flag, and the siren is moments away; there’s something special about those goals...

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
As I tipped "32 points drawing away" on the game day thread, it all went to schedule.

Never in doubt.

Now the truth... I was very worried when Tigga went down, memories of qual. 2019 kept me together. I relaxed only when Dimma threw down the headphones after Dusty's miracle 4th.

(Always thought Port was going to be the hardest game.)