Where are you Tiger Army ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where are you Tiger Army ??

realtiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 28, 2007
Absolutely disgraceful turnout today ! So we lost last week and we have 5 out and that’s the reason to stay away for our 1st home game? Poor form!!

Reactions: 3 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I was a bit surprised with the attendance. Time slot? Saw injuries and Dusty out and opted to go to the beach?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Personally I got real comfortable on the couch when Covid hit and I can't be arsed going now.
That is no doubt permeating through the entire football fan world, and understandably so.

Game day at the footy for me is also not worth the money it costs nowadays IMO, and the game itself is a turn off for many I have no doubt.

Reactions: 9 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
28000 today our all time record against GWS for home and away is 38000.

All things considered I reckon today is par.

Reactions: 9 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
One advantage of watching from overseas is thanks to UK BST kicking in I lost an hours sleep and couple this with an early ball up (for me) I watched the game in bed whilst being fed a bacon sandwich and coffee

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
I was planning to go today but tested positive to Covid yesterday. It’s having a big impact on crowds one way or another.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
With 10,000 cases a day, don’t underestimate the Covid factor. Not a great experience being in big lines, ques etc. standing on top of one another.

Reactions: 4 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I drove in. I’m. It sure what happened but it was an absolute disaster and took forever. 90 minutes to get up punt road from Nepean highway and got there at the end of the first quarter. Didn’t seem to be many people working the parking.

AFL is going to lose it if they don’t get rid of the stand rule and fix the live experience up. Penny pinching might save in the short run but will cost big time eventually.

Reactions: 4 users

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
I’m unwell (not Covid) but I’ll be there next week!

You can watch the replay from the couch, and enjoy the game twice.

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Poor crowd. Becoming a theme across the AFL.

Sure is.

Last weeks crowd for the Eagles season opener in WA was an absolute shock. But it is starting to look like the new norm.

My son walked up to the gate an bought a ticket an hour before game time.

You haven't been able to do that for an Eagles game for over 30 years!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users